Complaint Review: SAXON MORTGAGE

• Submitted: Wed, March 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 28, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego County California
4708 Mercantile Dr. N Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

*Consumer Comment: Same thing for me too

*Consumer Comment: same problem exactly!!!

I have owned multiple homes and had loans with multiple lenders, and have never been subjected to the problems that I have with SAXON MORTGAGE.

Let me start this off by saying I have NEVER made a late payment on this or any other mortgage I have ever had. Saxon purchased my loan from another lender in November 07, and the ARM was due to adjust on December 1st. Saxon billed me my regular payment of $1777.03 which I payed using their online website (and I received a confirmation number they assigned to the payment received).

When I received my bill for December, the payment due was $2222.03. That was fine, I knew the rate had adjusted so as before, I paid that amount, online at their website, in the amount billed on time. I received a bill for January, same amount, same payment etc.

On February 8th I received a notice of default from Saxon. Immediately I logged on and my account did not show my payments that I had made for December, January, or February (which technically has a 15 day payment grace period that had not expired).

I called Saxon, had to battle with their loss mitigation department that treats you like an absolute criminal...and finally got to talk with a supervisor that had absolutely no clue as to why my payments were never posted to my account. And, on top of that, she told me that they were under billing me and my payments were more than $400/month less than the amount actually due. Amazing. I paid the amount that was printed on my monthly statement.

I have called them daily, not one person has been able to explain the problem or find any resolution at all. I have sent letters to them and their in-house legal counsel that have been un-answered. I have carbon-copied the Federal Trade Commission and the Ft. Worth Better Business Bureau.

To this date they are not showing even one payment that I have made (on time, every time) posted to my account, which they are now saying is 71 days past due. I have received countless letters and telephone calls telling me that if I dont pay some outrageous defaulted amount of more than $11,000.00 my house will be sold from underneath me.

How does this company continue to operate billing customers whatever they want to...and not posting payments in a timely manner? Is there not some regulatory agency that they are accountable to?

I have (and will continue to make) my payments on time every month. I will continue to document each and every conversation that I have with them, and track my payments. And believe me, I will also monitor my FICO score and credit reports to ensure nothing has been adversely reported against me.

Does anyone have a good referral for a lawyer?

San Diego County, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 10:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAXON-MORTGAGE/Fort-Worth-Texas-76137-3605/SAXON-MORTGAGE-CANT-GET-THEIR-BILLING-RIGHT-Fort-Worth-Texas-317441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAXON MORTGAGE

Same thing for me too

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

This is the second time this year this has happened. They did get it back on track once. I don't think there is any hope though. I would recommend re-financing. That's what we're in the process of doing. So far, nothing has been reported to the credit bureau. They are creating too many problems for innocent people. I wish all of us could file a suit against them. They need to be heald accountable.

same problem exactly!!!

AUTHOR: Karla - (U.S.A.)

I was wondering if you have found a solution yet to your issue. Your story is identical to mine. Never notified of rate increase. Kept paying payment due on our statement. Come to find out they have not applied any payments and want 7,000 to get "caught up"... Did you find an attorney to help?