Complaint Review: SBC Insurance Safeco

• Submitted: Mon, October 30, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 30, 2006

• Reported By:Marion North Carolina
SBC Insurance Safeco
Safeco Plaza Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

SBC Insurance, Safeco Did a checkless withdrawl from my bank account tripled the amount & not my signature nor date. Ripoff Los Gatos California

Back in 2004 SBC Insurance aka SAFECO - had said that I had signed and dated a checkless withdraw form approving automatic withdraw amounts from my bank account. To my surprise, instead of having to argue the typical $76.25 month (in which I was paying for years - $228.77 every 3 MONTHS) SAFECO had automatically withdrawn for a three months time-period ( $285.95 per month) totaling $857.85 in three months. I only drive a '97 Toyota 4-Runner; no accidents, no tickets. This is absurd. Once I realized I could not balance my bank account due to an absurd amount being deducted from my account without my knowing - looking at my statement as it came in from the bank - I immediately went to the bank and they had thus assisted me with a Revoke to this Company. The management at the bank had noted that it was not even my signature nor could this company withdrawl the funds in this manner; as well as, they realized how the insurance had tripled in amount and were taking back by this. I had been fighting with SAFECO to Credit the amount back to me that the Bank could not recover - yet SAFECO is demanding their money that the Bank revoked as well placing this on my credit report as well as my ex husbands.

Sarena
Marion, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2006 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SBC-Insurance-Safeco/Seattle-Washington-98185/SBC-Insurance-Safeco-Did-a-checkless-withdrawl-from-my-bank-account-tripled-the-amount--218315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SBC Insurance Safeco