Complaint Review: SBC Yahoo DSL

• Submitted: Wed, January 24, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, February 01, 2007

• Reported By:Houston Texas
SBC Yahoo DSL
www.att.com Houston, Texas U.S.A.

SBC Yahoo DSL New DSL contract - Money Making Scam, Terms Houston Texas

*Author of original report: Re: SBC Yahoo DSL contracts

My mother upgraded to DSL in August and shortly thereafter, I lost my job. I helped her pay her bills since she is on disability. I had her monthly fees bundled (phone service, long distance, DSL). I paid ATT some amount ranging from $55-$125 a month for both. Never skipped a month and even told them when I lost my job since I was helping my mother pay her bills. Yet, I still made monthly payments for her. Well regardless of my attempts to pay in good faith, in November they cut off her DSL. I was able to pay the full balance due by mid-December but by that time they said I had taken too long and had closed her DSL account. However, they could help me re-set it back up since I had the DSL box and install CD. I did this but had to select a new email address for my mother because the other one was eliminated. What happens next? She get's a new bill this month with a $106.50 charge for cancelling DSL service prior to the expiration of the contract. She did NOT cancel her service. I was delayed in paying her bundled bill in full for her. There is a big difference between the two. I made some pretty large payment every month on her account and her total monthly basic charges for the two were $11.95 phone service and $12.99 DSL promo price. She has no other perks on her phone and the special pricing for the basic phone service is due to her being disabled. However I was paying over $50 a month at the minimum and they still cut this service off. Her phone was never cut off but the DSL was. Oh, and trying to resolve the issue was another fiasco. ATT does not handle this. SBC Yahoo does. When you contact them they say they can't help since it is bundled with an ATT phone account. If I refuse to pay while I dispute it, then there is a chance they will cut off the DSL again and charge my mother another $106 fee for not fulfilling her contract. And I can't withhold payment because it will eventually effect her phone service. I'm pretty much at their mercy.

Noelle
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2007 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SBC-Yahoo-DSL/Houston-Texas/SBC-Yahoo-DSL-New-DSL-contract-Money-Making-Scam-Terms-Houston-Texas-232437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SBC Yahoo DSL

Re: SBC Yahoo DSL contracts

AUTHOR: Noelle - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to inform the public that after talking at length with an ATT rep, they were kind enough to refund me the early cancellation fee. I figured I would pass this information on since good customer service is a rarity these days.