• Report: #207082

• Updated: Mon, August 21, 2006

• Reported By:round rock Texas
SBC/ATT
www.ATT.com Nationwide U.S.A.

SBC/ATT rebate ripoff Nationwide U.S.A.

In april 2006, I ordered DSL from SBC! They told me about the rebate offer, and that my 1st bill will be slightly higher because it will show that $49.99 on there! She said that when I recieve the equipment, there will be a postcard in there, and to take the packing slip off and affix it to the postcard and mail it in! I did just that!

They told me that it would take at least 2 billing cycles before I would recieve my rebate offer! Another person told me that it takes 8-12 weeks! Well, when I called in June to tell them that it has been 2 months I've waited, and they assured me to give it a little more time! When I called back in the middle of July, the guy told me that they never received the postcard and that the offer had expired! I told him that I have been calling every month, and have gotten no where, and he said "Sorry, there is nothing I can do! I told him that I wanted to talk to a manager, and he told me you're talking to him! I said what is your name, he said Anthony! I said "who is your manager, he said there is no one! I said "You have to report to someone, and he told me no, this guy was not budging! I was furious that they could pull a scam like this, so I called SBC and told them what had happened, and that I was not a happy customer! I told them that this whole thing was a ripoff and scam from the get go, and the lady put me on hold for a minute, then came back to me to let me know that they would give me a $50 credit on my phone bill! I told her thank you, that it was better than nothing, because I was promised a $50 check to spend as I wish, so I was counting on cash, not a credit on my account!

Darlene
round rock, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2006 12:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SBCATT/nationwide/SBCATT-rebate-ripoff-Nationwide-USA-207082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SBC/ATT