containing

• Submitted: Mon, April 08, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: ThatGuyFD — Athens Georgia
SBG Digital
1562 S. Main, Waynesville, North Carolina 28786 Internet United States of America

SBG Digital Berry Garnes, Sherry Garnes, Justin Garnes Satellite, DirecTV Internet

*General Comment: Chargebacks

Let me start off by saying I regret even getting on with SBG Digital. When I started I was told that I would be getting paid 65 for the first room and 15 for each room after that but I've only been getting paid 60 for the first room and 15 for each room after that and then today all of the techs received an email stating that we would all be on probation pay if our customer stratification stats is blow 95% we would be only getting paid 55 for the first room and 10 for each other room.

When trying to get on with the company, it was like pulling teeth to talk with the person I was dealing with which was Justin Garnes (this is Berry and Sherry Garnes' son). Because the countless amounts of unanswered and unreturned calls, I had to call Justin's mother (this should've been a sing from the start and I hope this is an embarrassment to Justin). I ended up also having to take my drug test twice because they were taking forever to process my paperwork and my first drug test expired.

Several of the techs, including myself, lost huge amounts of our paycheck which SBG Digital "cannot explain." They passed these charges off as either receivers they claim we did not return or use before their expiration date but yet fail to provide us information on said receivers or as "SIN30" chargebacks that they also can't provide information on the jobs these "SIN30" charges we for. Amounts lost for one tech was 1200 when his check was suppose to be 2400, another 800 when his check was suppose to be 1600, and another 600 when his was suppose to be 1200.

When I started I was told that I would receive training pay, granted it isn't much it's still my money that they haven't paid me for yet which would be used to pay my bills. I also was suppost to receive pay for training new techs which I'm still at this point waiting to get paid for.

They are also charging tech 17.50 (which when I started, I was told it would be 15) to use a handheld which they claim we NEED but yet half of the techs don't have one because there are only about 9 handhelds among 15-17 techs. The techs that don't have handhelds are being charged this fee also.

Also, they have "mandatory" meetings, either in person or conference calls, which they do not pay us for. These meeting last 30mins to sometimes 2 hours and yet we don't get paid for wasting our time just to hear the same think they're always talking about.

In short, if you are wanting to go into the satellite business do not apply for work with SBG Digital. You will be screwed as some point and you will get the run around when you try to get answers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SBG-Digital/internet/SBG-Digital-Berry-Garnes-Sherry-Garnes-Justin-Garnes-Satellite-DirecTV-Internet-1041785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SBG Digital

#1 General Comment

Chargebacks

AUTHOR: James - ()

I had a friend who used to be Directv Dealer. He was got charged back 30,000.00 dollars in a three month peiod. When the customers he had installed their systems for. Decided to turn off their equipment before the end of their contract.

Not knowing the Dealer  you worked for. Could be either the chargebacks they recieve, greed and or a combination of both.