Complaint Review: SBH Corp

• Reported By: Eric — Colchester Vermont
SBH Corp
Brooklyn, New York United States of America

SBH Corp Fraud, poor service, unprofessional Brooklyn, New York

I ordered a guitar effects pedal from them and paid with PayPal.  I ordered it from them because they had the best price and were located one state away from me.  Immediately after placing my order, I received an e-mail from their customer service dept. with a bill for $800.  It wasn't mine (my order was about $40) and didn't even have my name on it.  I told them they had me mistaken for someone else.

The next day, I checked on my order and it said: "Awaiting payment..." however, below that it said: "This order has shipped..."  I e-mailed them to ask what the deal was.  I received a response that my order had just shipped via USPS--I had paid $12.29 for UPS.  When I inquired about a refund for the difference in shipping, I received no response.

I received my pedal and although it was perfectly intact, there was no packing material inside the box whatsoever.  Had it gone further across the country, it would've definitely arrived broken.  Also, the shipping label said very clearly on it: "$5.25 US Postage."  Still having not received a response from them, I wrote back this morning demanding a partial shipping refund.  I explained that I understood some places will mark shipping up a dollar or two, but that $7 was unacceptable, especially since they didn't even bother to let me know that they had changed shipping carriers until I e-mailed them the first time.  I received a $5 refund from PayPal shortly after the last e-mail I sent--so the shipping was STILL marked up $2.04.  Really?  At that point wouldn't you just refund the entire difference?  No response, just a refund.

Terrible service.  I will not order from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SBH-Corp/Brooklyn-New-York-/SBH-Corp-Fraud-poor-service-unprofessional-Brooklyn-New-York-1047035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SBH Corp