Complaint Review: SBO-Online

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2008

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
SBO-Online
12335 Santa Monica Blvd, #339 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

SBO-Online (in Conjunction With Orbit Telecom) Unauthorized Charges on Qwest Bill for SBO-Online - Charges continue to come even after trying to cancel fraudulent service Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care

We immediately noticed an unauthorized charge on our March Qwest phone bill because our phone bill is the same every month, and this bill was $50 higher. On the last page titled 'ESBI' for 'Enhanced Telecommunications Services' were two unidentified charges: Orbit Telecom Monthly Fee of $14.95 and SBO-Online SBO Survival kit of $29.95. This report is about the SBO-Online charge of $29.95.

I called the Qwest representative who graciously agreed to remove these fraudulent charges. She stated this occurs all the time and that I should contant SBO-Online to make sure that there are no recurring charges. I asked why Qwest allowed this charge to occur and they stated they have no authority to prevent this due to some legislation where as long as someone enters your telephone # via the internet, these services can be charged...and that I need to be vigilent with the said companies to make sure these charges are removed. WHAT???

So first I contacted SBO-Online about this 'SBO-Survival Kit' that was charged. The representative 'Louisa' told me that this was charged on the website www.smileymedia.com. Guess what? Not in my browser and I never went to this site. 'Louisa' spoke pretty good English and was friendly and canceled the charges without out much fight (unlike Orbit Telecom). However, this month the same damn kit is on there with an April date charge. How many times can this company charge for the same 'service'.

Why is this illegal action allowed to continue? I am writing my representatives and possibly future President (McCain) about this issue. This is fraud, it's illegal and should be prosecuted. I feel sorry for those that may not understand (elderly, spanish speaking) and pay these illegal charges.

Azjohnson
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2008 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SBO-Online/Los-Angeles-California-90025/SBO-Online-in-Conjunction-With-Orbit-Telecom-Unauthorized-Charges-on-Qwest-Bill-for-SBO--330252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SBO-Online

Customer Care

AUTHOR: Customer Care - (U.S.A.)

We are happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have regarding Orbit Telecom. You can call our Customer Care at 800-263-0206.