Complaint Review: SC Kiosks Inc Communications Center 01-7436

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:Hubert North Carolina
SC Kiosks Inc Communications Center 01-7436
1170 Western Blvd Jacksonville, North Carolina U.S.A.

SC Kiosks Inc Communications Center 01-7436 Return policy not honored Jacksonville North Carolina

I purchased Cardo Scala 700LX Bluetooth headset from a Kiosk at Sam's club on 8/8/2008 that has a 1 year warranty. The unit stopped working in early February, 2009. The return policy on the back of the receipt clearly states that I can return a defective unit to that location for repair or replacement within 90 days or the manufacturer's warranty, whichever is longer.

I took the unit back to Sam's Club to the kiosk to get it repaired, but they refused to accept it. They said I had to return it to the manufacturer. The attendant told me that if I had purchased their extended warranty, they would handle it for me, but since I did not, there was nothing she could do. I pointed out the return policy on the back of the original receipt, but she refused to honor it.

I paid more for the headset in the first place for the convenience of having a place to return it, should it fail. When I purchased it, the salesman used their return policy as part of the sales pitch. Essentially, they have committed fraud by refusing to honor their own, written contract terms.

I intend to pursue this further with Sam's Club, but buyer beware!

Douglas
Hubert, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SC-Kiosks-Inc-Communications-Center-01-7436/Jacksonville-North-Carolina-28546/SC-Kiosks-Inc-Communications-Center-01-7436-Return-policy-not-honored-Jacksonville-North-C-425132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SC Kiosks Inc Communications Center 01-7436