- Report: #180447
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: SC Kiosks
SC KiosksButler Ave. Flagstaff, Arizona U.S.A.
SC Kiosks Subsidiary Of Radio Shack Buyer Beware!! Hard to get what they promise! ripoff Flagstaff Arizona
*UPDATE Employee: SC Kiosks is NOT a rip-off
We went in and purchased new Cingular service and 2 phones from our local Sam's Club. We were glad to finally switch from our previous carrier and looking forward to a great relationship with Cingular. The following problems are what stemmed from a 2 hour visit to get the new cell phone service, and took months to straighten out. I have found that if you cut out the middle man and go to the top, things get done faster, but 3 months is still too long to get things resolved on something as small as a cell phone.
1. They advertise "keep your old number" where you can bring your existing cell number with you when you switch. We were told by the salesman it would take at most 8 hours. 8 days later I was still getting "The number you have called has been disconnected. Verizon Wireless" on half the calls to my cell number. Finally called Verizon and they released the number. The sales staff at the kiosk did not want to try anything to help get this resolved.
2. RAZR phone did not work correctly and was still under the 30 day replacement. I was treated very rudely when I took the phone in for replacement (by the same woman that was polite and told me to bring it back).
3. FREE ACTIVATION signs posted all over the kiosk, and will reflect on the first month's bill. Finally, after switching to Cingular in December, we received the credit for free activation in March. Somehow this does not constitute first month to me.
4. Call Radio Shack if you have problems, since they are the parent company. Be prepared for lies from the sales staff to the corporate office. I was accused of "Cursing out" the salesman on the phone and then "sending my husband in to do the same". All I called for was the corporate office phone number, and I was told they did not have it, said thanks and hung up. Still don't see how that is cursing someone.
In closing, numerous lies from sales staff about activation, number porting, caller ID features, rebates, etc. I will NOT recommend nor will I ever purchase one single thing from SC Kiosks again.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2006 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SC-Kiosks/Flagstaff-Arizona-86004/SC-Kiosks-Subsidiary-Of-Radio-Shack-Buyer-Beware-Hard-to-get-what-they-promise-ripoff-180447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.