Complaint Review: SCAM BY US LEGAL INVESTIGATION BUREAU

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:Rutherford New Jersey
SCAM BY US LEGAL INVESTIGATION BUREAU
Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 310-775-9069
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

US LEGAL INVESTIGATION BUREAU threats, speaking very fast, very thick accent LALos Angeles California

I am not sure of much other than I received a phone call today with some guy with a very thick accent, Arabic telling me there was a crimminal investigation being done on me by someone. A fraud, and theft by deception complaint. I began to panic but something inside me told me to calm down and I started asking him questions. The guy sputtered and acted like he didn't understand or hear me. I hung up when he wanted me to repeat the information and then waited a few minutes more.

When I called back, music was playing and the guy didn't answer the phone saying the company name. Officer Brian, he lied abotu his name, sounded as if he was talking from his house. I could swear I heard a t.v. in the background. He has not called back and there are no messages on my cell phone. I asked him about the name of the company I allegedly owe money too and he just kept talking fast and not making much sense.

I immediately contacted my friend who is a debt collection paralegal and she told me to calm down; that the company was a debt collector using illegal means. I checked them out on line and from a few complaints and then contacted my local police department and the social security office.

DO NOT PANIC WHEN THEY CALL. TELL THEM YOU'RE GOING TO CALL YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT AND DEMAND TO SEE THE PAPERS THEY ARE CALLING ABOUT. THE DEBT THEY ARE CLAIMING YOU OWE. I DID NOT PANIC AND I REMAINED FOCUSED. I TRIED TO TELL THE GUY IF I MISSED SOMETHING, LET ME SEE IT, IF IT'S MINE, I'LL PAY IT.

Ria
Rutherford, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2008 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCAM-BY-US-LEGAL-INVESTIGATION-BUREAU/Los-Angeles-California/US-LEGAL-INVESTIGATION-BUREAU-threats-speaking-very-fast-very-thick-accent-LALos-Angeles-356999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCAM BY US LEGAL INVESTIGATION BUREAU