forests

• Submitted: Fri, March 18, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 18, 2005

• Reported By:Hephzibah Georgia
SCANA Energy Regulated Division
PO Bx 100157 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

SCANNA Gas, SCANA Energy Regulated Division ripoff Columbia South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Shop Around Because of gas de-regulation here in Georgia, you are able to shop around for the gas company that charges the least.

I have always distrusted any company that was not located in the state it collects money from! I recently had to turn on my gas because of the winter months and now it looks as if they have robbed me again. As a single mom on a very limited budget I assured that I was ready this winter. 68 was my setting for gas heat/hot water and I purchased two cords of wood for my fireplace; purchased a kerosene heater as well as an electric heater. My children and I put on extra clothes when chilled; I did all the things that utility companies tells consumers to do to lower their bills. As a regulated customer I was expecting a difference in my bill amount but saw an increase! What my home endured in it's preperation for the cold months was done in vain! Although my children and I was rarley home during the day my bill is climbing and topped out for the month of March.

This is usually the story for others like me and can't afford to keep paying fees that are not what the company says it will do to help those that are less fortunate. Companies like this give donatations to agencies that help low income but you have to be eligible. Here's my suggesstion. STOP stealing from the little man so I don't need agency money that won't find me eliglibe. Either someone is not good with numbers or the government just let companies like this to continue robbing customers.

Tonya
Hephzibah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2005 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCANA-Energy-Regulated-Division/Columbia-South-Carolina-29202-3157/SCANNA-Gas-SCANA-Energy-Regulated-Division-ripoff-Columbia-South-Carolina-135496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCANA Energy Regulated Division

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

Tonya: Because of gas de-regulation here in Georgia, you are able to shop around for the gas company that charges the least. Check to see what price per Therm you are paying. This should be on your gas bill. I originally had Scana as my gas supplier, but found out they were one of the most expensive companies so I switched to the company that charged the lowest price per therm.

I don't believe this site will allow me to mention the company's name but you can find the cheapest company by going on to the Georgia Public Service Commissioners office website. This site will tell you how much each company charges per therm and how many complaints have been filed against each. The name of the company I switched to begins with the letter "W", if that helps.

Unfortunately, due to this state being primarily republican and conservative, most single parent families as well as the lower income will not have any assistance. It is dwindling as their priority is $ and not the struggling family, and it will get worse before it gets better. Good luck and remember that high gas bill when you vote the next time.