• Report: #203113

• Updated: Wed, July 26, 2006

• Reported By:Acton California
SCI* Stamps.com
stamps.com Internet U.S.A.

SCI* STAMPS.COM FREE TRIAL SCAM, ILLEGAL BILLING. Cancelled. STILL BILLED Los Angeles California

On 6/24/06, I signed up for the free trial, and cancelled within one hour. The following week, I received an email asking me why I cancelled. I did not answer it, as I had CANCELLED.

To my shock, I noticed that SCI Stamps.com had billed my credit card this month. Billed me for what? I had never used the service, having subscribed for one hour.

I called my cc company to dispute the charges. They are sending me an Unauthorized Use Form. They said they cannot stop SCI stamps.com from billing to my cc. I told them to cancel my cc and I am disputing the charges.

I googled this issue, and was upset to find that this is a TREND with stamps.com and the so-called free trial. They are running a scam, and should be stopped!

Gem
Acton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2006 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCI-Stampscom/internet/SCI-STAMPSCOM-FREE-TRIAL-SCAM-ILLEGAL-BILLING-Cancelled-STILL-BILLED-Los-Angeles-Cal-203113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCI* Stamps.com