Complaint Review: SCI Stamps.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 07, 2008

• Reported By:Decatur Georgia
SCI Stamps.com
12959 Coral Tree Place Internet U.S.A.

SCI Stamps.com Stamps.com has faslely charged my bank debit for several months Internet

(((personal info redacted)))

Recently, I want to use my debit card to make a withdrawal, but , when I checked my balance, I was in shocked because my balance was under $300 which I knew something was wrong so I got a print of my bank statement. I know a company called stamps.com on my statement which a purchase amount of $17.95.

I do not mail a lot of letters so I knew something was wrong because I still a book of stamps with 15 stamps that I purchase almost six months ago. I called my bank to inquire about the purchase and they informed me that purchase was made online and it appears that the charges have been made since 2006. The customer support rep transferred me to the fraud unit who advise me the steps to take to get a full refund.

I was asked did I make the purchases online and I stated no. I was not aware if I had signed up for anything. I told them that American Express, without my approval, had signed me for ID protection for a monthly fee. I told them that I had since canceled that service. Since they mentioned that the charged started in 2006 and I stated I believe that was around the time I received my American express card. This company may have taken close to $700 from my bank account.

Steve t
Decatur, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2008 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCI-Stampscom/internet/SCI-Stampscom-Stampscom-has-faslely-charged-my-bank-debit-for-several-months-Internet-398943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCI Stamps.com