Complaint Review: SCI*STAMPS.COM

• Updated: Thu, April 02, 2009

• Reported By:Bates City Missouri
SCI*STAMPS.COM
Internet U.S.A.

SCI*STAMPS.COM Unathorized Debit SCI*STAMPS.COM made an unathorized debit to my account Internet

*Author of original report: Refund Received

*Author of original report: Update

Found a debit card transaction for 53.85 made on 1/22/09.

Bruce
Bates City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCISTAMPSCOM/internet/SCISTAMPSCOM-Unathorized-Debit-SCISTAMPSCOM-made-an-unathorized-debit-to-my-account-In-415690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCI*STAMPS.COM

Refund Received

AUTHOR: Bruce - (U.S.A.)

Thursday morning, 3 days after Gerald told me he would credit back my $53.85 the credit showed up in my bank account. Stamps.com was cetainly more helpful than Commerce Bank. Guess I'll be moving my account.

Update

AUTHOR: Bruce - (U.S.A.)

I reported the fraudulent charge to my bank, Commerce Bank expecting them to take care of it. They declined my dispute on the grounds that their investigator called stamps.com and determined I had opened an account and not closed it within the trial period. This in spite of the fact they had just canceled my card because of other fraudulent charges making it appear my information had been stolen. I called stamps.com this morning (3/30/09) and complained the account had been opened in my name and not by me. They initially told me that the account was now closed, but they could not refund the charge. I explained that since they could not refund my money and since my Commerce Bank believed I had opened a trial account and they would not refund my money that my only recourse was to file a complaint with my state attorney general. The person I was talking to asked me to hold for a moment than transferred me to a supervisor who told me he was sorry and would credit my account back, but it would take 2-3 days. It's sad that they are more responsive then Commerce Bank and their Zero Liability guarantee. I'll follow this up wen, if stamps.com follows through. In the mean time I would encourage everyone to leave Commerce Bank because they seem vulnerable to this type of fraud.