Complaint Review: SCI*Stamps.com

• Updated: Fri, November 07, 2008

• Reported By:Maricopa Arizona
SCI*Stamps.com
sci*stamps.com Internet U.S.A.

SCI*Stamps.com SCI*Stamps.com unauthorized charges of 17.94 to my account 11/4/08 California Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Go to the police.

I monitor my bank statement frequently, and tonight saw a pending charge of 17.94 waiting to hit my account. I did a internet search and found this site with several complaints against this company. I called the number listed and spoke with an operator, the operator informed me that an account had been opened today (11/4/08) and that the pending charge was just a check to validate my bank account and that it would drop off in a few days. When I questioned as to who opened the account she informed me that most of my information was on file over there with the exception of my email address which was different. I was informed that the account was canceled, but was not able to get any more information from the operator despite a few attempts to have her give me the email address that was used. Frankly after all the reports I have read on here I feel like something is up, I have not given my account info to anyone, nor have I signed up for any "free trials", surveys, or adds. I will be watching my account closely to see if another charge is made going forward.

Zledz11
Maricopa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2008 07:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SCIStampscom/internet/SCIStampscom-SCIStampscom-unauthorized-charges-of-1794-to-my-account-11408-Californ-388067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SCI*Stamps.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Go to the police.

AUTHOR: The Tee-vee Guy - (U.S.A.)

You will have to go to the police station and file a police report. According to others on this forum, the said company has a habit of sometimes ignoring cancellations. It is also possible that they or somebody working for them harvested your name, phone number, CC Info, from an affiliate website that happens to share information with third parties. You WILL need to get a subpoena in order to get that e-mail or offending IP-Address off of them. All I know so far is that the perp is likely to work for this very company and often uses yahoo.com addresses. I asked them if they could look up the perp's IP-Address and give it to me so that I can get the police to subpoena his internet provider. No can do, they refuse to get this out to me. The perp may also sign you up for Netflix or other services. If your one of the lucky ones, you may be able to work with one of those companies to get this coveted IP-Address so this person can be brought to justice!

If you cancel Stamps.com and if they start billing you again, you ALSO have to file a police report because it may be your ONLY hard evidence against them that will hold up if they ever try to come after you for a debt that you do not owe in the future.

Good Luck!