Complaint Review: SEA-FOX ADVERTISING

• Submitted: Sat, March 10, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 22, 2012

• Reported By: I HATE SMART CIRCLE AND SEA-FOX ADVERTISING / SEA FOX ADVERTISING — LAYTON Utah United States of America
SEA-FOX ADVERTISING
1450 MAJOR STREET SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah United States of America

SEA-FOX ADVERTISING SEA FOX ADVERTISING SCAM - RIP OFF - OWE ME MONEY - FALSE PROMISES - DIRECTV - RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS AND DIRECTV WITH FRAUD - LIES - SMART CIRCLE - PYRAMID SCHEME - UN PROFESSIONAL - CULT SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah

*UPDATE Employee: THE REAL STORY - Reply to Mr. Sour Grapes

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: sour grapes

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sour grapes

*Author of original report: Update - Sea-Fox Advertising / Sea Fox Advertising

Where do I begin with Sea-Fox Advertising / Sea Fox Advertising / Cory Fox / Corey Fox ?

It is a "Smart Circle" cult scam.  They make outrageous claims that can't possibly be true.  They lie to you to get you in the door for a BS interview, don't answer any direct questions when you talk to them on the phone or the interview, then if they invite you back for the follow up interview [They will, they invite EVERYONE back in as long as you have a pulse] you will be telling bold face lies to customers about Directv / DIREC TV / DIRECT TV inside of a retail store - wal-mart, costco, sam's club, etc.  They claim to have lots of offices and this dramatic growth; they don't even have a website, and the money this guy is bringing in according to the compensation structure they told me wouldn't even be enough to pay the rent in their crappy little office space.  This place will be out of business SOON, just like every other smart circle office with the exception of a few.   Crazy hi turnover with reps, even the select few who make it to management/ownership, there is extremely hi turnover with them too!

Google all the crap on Smart Circle and this will all make sense.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME going to an interview nor working for this wanna-be company.  Unless you like less than min wage, people finding ways to not pay you, engaging in cult like childish behavior and constantly feel like your being brainwashed.  There are a lots of other legitimate companies out there.  this is not one of them!

They post job ads all over the internet, constantly recruiting, and suckering young people with promises that will never come true!   Revolving door, pyramid scheme, no money to be made!  the stories will always be about other people making money, even if the owner appears to be making money, probably isn't probably lives with 10 or more of his current employees because he can't afford his own place.

You have been warned!

Smart Circle Info:

SEA-FOX ADVERTISING - SEA FOX ADVERTISING - FOX - CORY FOX - COREY FOX - CHANTEL EVANS - SMART CIRCLE SCAM - SEA-FOX SCAM - SEA FOX SCAM - SEA-FOX ADVERTISING SCAM - SEA FOX ADVERTISING SCAM - DIRECTV SCAM - SCAM!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEA-FOX-ADVERTISING/SOUTH-SALT-LAKE-Utah-84115/SEA-FOX-ADVERTISING-SEA-FOX-ADVERTISING-SCAM-RIP-OFF-OWE-ME-MONEY-FALSE-PROMISES-D-851759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEA-FOX ADVERTISING

THE REAL STORY - Reply to Mr. Sour Grapes

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States of America)

I am responding to the Sour Grapes ex-employee who claims that Sea-Fox Advertising/ Smart Circle is a cult scam, pyramid scheme, etc. This individual is obviously an embittered person who would rather make outrageous and inaccurate claims then put forth the same level of effort to actually work! I am providing a rebuttal that is based on facts and not empty, inaccurate allegations. And since this office is relatively new, Im sure Mr. Sour Grapes didnt even work for the company for more than a few days (if that!).

First of all lets distinguish between Sea-Fox Advertising and Smart Circle. Smart Circle has over 300 offices nationwide. Sea-Fox Advertising is just one of those offices and they have been licensed as a business for about one month. It is an office opened up by an owner, Cory Fox, who was promoted by HiDef Advertising in Fort Myers, Florida (both companies are within the Smart Circle group).  I know the owner of Sea-Fox Advertising and I know of his integrity and hard work ethic. I saw him working 7 days a week and many times 10 to 12 hours a day to get his business off the ground and support his sales team. During the interview process he was upfront and honest. He explained to me that this is an opportunity, not a job. He answered all my questions and was not evasive at all. He told me that it would be up to me to perform to sales standards, a requirement that is very typical of most sales organizations. I was provided information regarding the position and what I needed to do to be successful. It was made clear that it would take hard work and time.

During my initial training I listened to the information provided to potential Direct TV customers in the stores where we promote Direct TV and there was not a single lie or misleading statement. The information provided was accurate and thorough. The sales reps from Sea-Fox Advertising were honest and patiently explained what Direct TV could offer. Nothing unethical, untrue was said - nothing remotely comparable to the immature rantings and accusations of Mr. Sour Grapes.

As for the office space not being set up and not having a website yet that was because the office recently opened up and it takes some time to set up an office and create a website. What I experienced in the office was that management works long hours to educate and train new hires, manage motivation meetings, maintain a professional demeanor, adhering to company etiquette and standards. No wonder Mr. Sour Grapes was let go he obviously couldnt maintain any professional demeanor what-so-ever! The slanderous remakes of Mr. Sour Grapes is that of a childish disgruntled immature individual who didnt want to put forth any effort but wanted to get paid. Get Real! Be a part of any sales team and you will find that you have to meet minimum sales quotas. That is not cult-like or a pyramid scheme. It is a real business and being a part of a sales team. I personally know others who work for this company who have been promoted to ownership based on their hard work and sales successes. They are making very good money as evidenced this by their promotions, opening their own offices and hiring teams of sales representatives. Anyone can write whatever they want about any marketing/advertising company but the reality is that Smart Circle has promoted hundreds of owners throughout the U.S. and they are very successful. So rather than bash a company with lies this disgruntled, and probably lazy individual should put some effort into working rather than wasting his time trying to pass on lies about a company and individuals he knows nothing about. Mr. Sour Grapes get a life.

If anyone is a sales pro and is willing to work hard to invest in themselves and have an opportunity to create a career/business of their own Sea-Fox Advertising is a great place to start. I highly recommend this business and have high hopes for my own financial independence through this opportunity.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

sour grapes

AUTHOR: Ex-employee - (United States of America)

Ex-Employee

Only for the performance-oriented individual

AUTHOR: Bobby Crow - Lakewood (U.S.A.)

First I would like to start by saying that this company is not a scam, rip-off, pyrimid scheme, or anything of that nature. It is truly an OPPORTUNITY and not a JOB. If you are looking for a week-to-week paycheck or have no interest in personal growth, NO NOT APPLY. One must understand what they are getting involved with before they dive in, and they should understand the level of sacrifice that is involved with the position they are applying for.

Yes, I am a former employee of this company. I started fresh out of college in Savannah, GA. Being a broke college student and having no experience I gave it a shot. I actually relocated from over 3 hours away to have a chance at becomming an owner.

The first couple of weeks were definately different with regards to office environment, and daily work duties. The office environment is not typical of your standard corporation... There is high-fiving, cheers, and the occasional use of accronyms to motivate. The system they have in place can definately be applied to ANY future career path you choose to pursue. This position does require a lot of self-discipline, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to take control. If you do not possess these qualities... DO NOT APPLY! If you do then this corporation can offer you a chance to gain knowledge, experience, and self-awareness required to become a successful business person and salesperson.

After 6 months with the company I built a rather substantial team of reps meeting the company qualifications for owner promotion. I CHOSE, as a strong individual, to relocate to Redlands, CA in June of 08' in order to better place myself among the top VP's and territory. One of the VP's in the company, Harmony Hunt, was extremely generous to me and my team. She helped with Housing (even allowing us to stay rent-free in her home.) All she ever asked from me was a positive attitude and consistent performance. The fact that she let me stay for free was never held above my head and in fact, she commented several times that it was unfortunate that we didn't get to spend enough time in CA developing my skills. It was not her fault, running a division in any corp is time consuming and sometimes the "top guys" don't get the attention they should. She helped me several times allowing me to head new campaigns and build my experience. For that I will always be greatful. Without her strong coaching and motivation I would not have become the business person I am today having the opportunities to work with Fortune 500 companies such as: Home Depot, DirecTV, and Pilkington Glass.

In May 09 I was given the opportunity to move to Seattle, WA to build a team and get incorporated. I began to build an office from the ground up. Doing interviews, training and conducting motivational meetings... all of which I would have never had the opportunity to do if I had chosen another corp to work for right out of college (had only been with the corp for 18 months).

I CHOSE to move to each new location. I was not forced or coerced into doing anything. If you feel like you were brainwashed by this company then you don't have what it takes to be an entrepreneur anyway... you're weak. You are weak in spirit, motivation, and taking control. If you feel like you were taken advantage of, then look in the mirror to see who's at fault for getting up each morning and putting yourself through a job that you aren't cut out for. If you think it's a pyrimid scheme... do some research and find out what a real pyrimid scheme is... Only the top of the pyrimid makes money... that's not how Quantum, Smart Circle, Innovage, etc conducts business. They give you an opportunity to be in business for yourself. Not many companies will give an uneducated, unskilled person that opportunity... PERIOD. There are many examples of people that have come from nothing and created a situation through this business to have families, houses, cars, etc. I however have decided that I would like a change in industry. I did not quit due to mistreatment or abuse... I merely walked away with a sense of accomplishment and a free education in business and personal development.

I was always a top performer in the company and for that I am proud. I will take what I have learned: Time management, taking control of situations, business sense, the understanding of professional and personal overhead, an amazing sales system, and personal growth; and use this experience to further my life. In no way do I feel bitter or used by this company.

Without this company I would not have the skills or personal strength to pursue other career opportunities... For any college student this is one of the best places one can learn about themselves and about the business world in general. For those "over-qualified" applicants, don't waste your time, or the companys'. If you go into an interview feeling that you are over-qualified then you have a wake-up call comming soon in your future.

Looking back, I was thinking about bashing this company on this site... then I stopped and thought about how much it has helped me grow personally and professionally. All in all it was one of the best personal decisions I have ever made and I will continue to believe so.

And on another note, for those former employees that put in the effort to write a 3 page note on here bashing the corporation... Think back to when you worked there, did you put as much effort into your position as you did on this site?!? DEF NOT! If you are going to attempt to slander and mame a company, at least have the courage to put your full name at the bottom, and not some unidentifiable screen name.

Bobby Crow

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sour grapes

AUTHOR: Ex-employee - (United States of America)

Ex-Employee

Only for the performance-oriented individual

AUTHOR: Bobby Crow

Bobby Crow

Update - Sea-Fox Advertising / Sea Fox Advertising

AUTHOR: I HATE SMART CIRCLE - (United States of America)