Complaint Review: SEARS AUTO CENTER

• Submitted: Wed, October 06, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 06, 2004

• Reported By:MD Maryland
SEARS AUTO CENTER
6223-SEARS RT.541 & I 295 BURLINGTON, New Jersey U.S.A.

SEARS AUTO CENTERSEARS rip-off! I DONT THINK THAT ITS FAIR FOR ME TO PAY FOR SERVICES I DID NOT NEED. BURLINGTON New Jersey

I TOOK MY CAR TO SEARS AUTO CENTER AT THE BURLINGTON CENTER IN NJ, ON 9/11/04 BECAUSE I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BRAKES. I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE BRAKES DROPPING TO THE FLOOR. I ALSO TOLD THEM I HAD JUST HAD NEW BRAKES PUT ON A YEAR AGO AND I DIDNT THINK I NEEDED PADS OR SHOES. THEY PUT THEM ON ANYWAY ALONG WITH

-BRAKE EVAL,SERVICE 15.00
BRAKE FLUID EXCHANGE 35.00
-BRAKE MAINT, SERVICE 19.00
-TQ BRK. SHOE PAB716 49.00
-INST. DRUM BD125458 159.98
ALONG WITH A OIL CHANGE AND CHARGED ME $567.04.

A WEEK LATER MY BRAKES ARE STILL DROPPING TO THE FLOOR AS THEY WERE WHEN I TOOK IT FOR SERVICE. I TOOK IT BACK, AND THERE ASKING ME FOR ANOTHER $500.00 FOR A MASTER CYCLINDER WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT ON IN THE BEGINNING TO FIX THE PROBLEM. I DONT THINK THAT ITS FAIR FOR ME TO PAY FOR SERVICES I DID NOT NEED.

Valerie
MD, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2004 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS-AUTO-CENTER/BURLINGTON-New-Jersey-08016/SEARS-AUTO-CENTERSEARS-rip-off-I-DONT-THINK-THAT-ITS-FAIR-FOR-ME-TO-PAY-FOR-SERVICES-I-DI-111729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS AUTO CENTER