Complaint Review: SEARS AUTO CENTER

• Submitted: Wed, June 23, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, June 23, 2010

• Reported By: AS — Richmond Virginia United States of America
SEARS AUTO CENTER

SEARS AUTO CENTER Sears.com Service not provided per order and told Sears does not need customers Internet

I had paid online on Sears.com, on Friday morning June 18th for a wheel alignment service. The price quoted to me was $54.99. According to the website and the email for the order, the store was supposed to call me prior to my service (June 19th - between 4-7 pm service time). However i did not hear from either sears.com or the store on June 19th. Therefore i called sears.com around 1 pm on June 19th. They transferred me to 3 different department call centers and finally was assured that i will hear from the store. Even after me reaching out to them i did not hear from anyone and i waited till 7 pm. Then i drove all the way out (7 miles) to the store. Showed them the receipt for the service. The store person "James" refused to honor my price that i paid online and instead offered me to charge 30 bucks more and do the service. I called sears.com again and finally after about 1.5 hours of arguing with 3 different people (Michelle, Michael and Eric) i was told that there was a problem between sears. [continued below]....
.....com and the store and the order for some reason had not been sent online to the store. When i told them about the store not honoring the price, i was told to deal with the store myself. Finally, i had to cancel my order and the call center people basically implied and said it indirectly that sears did not need my business. How is this fair? I had paid for a service online, i had carved out time specifically from my busy schedule for this service and the store would not honor the price i was promised. I was so frustrated and overwhelmed by this experience. I am never going back to Sears. No wonder they are losing out to other stores. Please reconsider before you go to Sears. If a department store says they do not need customers like us, why go there?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2010 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS-AUTO-CENTER/internet/SEARS-AUTO-CENTER-Searscom-Service-not-provided-per-order-and-told-Sears-does-not-need-cu-616700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS AUTO CENTER