Complaint Review: SEARS Carpet Installation and Carpet Products

• Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: momof4 — Sterling Virginia United States of America
SEARS Carpet Installation and Carpet Products
Alexandria, Va Internet United States of America

SEARS Carpet Installation and Carpet Products Defective batch of carpet was installed and Sears knows it's defective and is not replacing it. Internet

We had Sears install carpeting in our home October of 2011. Very disappointed in SEARS Carpet Installation. Two weeks after getting the NOrdic Premier carpet installed, which is recycled plastic fibers, it would not stop shedding.  I could fill a vacuum bag full of carpet fibers in one sweep of the house. The first two months the carpet fibers glogged my vacuum half way through cleaning and I would have to clean out the vacuum hoses and change the bag. The fibers are everywhere, in our hair, our clothes, our dogs fur, it's in the air we are breathing. We are inhaling recycled plastic full of chemicals. I thought we were helping the envirement by installing this carpet in our home, instead I've indangered my family. I called and complained after the first two weeks and was told the carpet was defective and needed to be replaced.

The shedding has not stopped and it's been 4 months. Someone came out from Sears in mid December to asses the problem. They took pictures of the handfuls of carpet fibers scooped up by the guy right after vacuuming. He told someone would contact me shortly. I haven't hear from anyone, I am unable to get a hold of anyone for any updates. I feel completely scammed by Sears. We buy all our appliences there and feel so naive for thinking I would get the same quality with the carpet. I discourage anyone from going through Sears for new carpet. Don't take the chance of getting stuck with thousands of dollars worth of crap thoughout your home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS-Carpet-Installation-and-Carpet-Products/internet/SEARS-Carpet-Installation-and-Carpet-Products-Defective-batch-of-carpet-was-installed-and-834611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS Carpet Installation and Carpet Products