Complaint Review: SEARS HOME SERVICES

• Reported By: Hermann K. — Baldwin New York United States of America
SEARS HOME SERVICES
35 MELVILLE PARK AVE. MELVILLE, New York United States of America

SEARS HOME SERVICES RIP-OFF MELVILLE, New York

May 2007 - my wife became very ill - we quickly needed a 2-zone central cooling system installed.  In the rush we chose and trusted in Sears to provide excellent parts service.  How little did we know !  We paid a hefty $26,000 for parts and installation

Four years later zone 1 (with the air-handler unit in the attic) blew warm air and needed service.   Sears repair came and we trusted that the problem was taken care of.

Exactly one month after the 5 year warranty ran out, the same zone started to blow warm air again.  We called Sears again, agreed to be taken care of between 8am and noon.  No one showed up.  No excuse call.  At 1pm I called and was told that someone would be on his way.  At 2pm I called and again was told that someone is on his way.  Half-an-hour later someone showed up, no excuse, checked the pressure and confirmed his suspicion that the zone needs a refrigerant refill.  However, he refused to do the refill, because "his boss would tell him something else", and he refused to check out the system for a possible leak.  I refused to pay the requested $75 for coming to my house.  He left and told the company that I refused the repair of the system.

I called Sears and complained to the manager of the repair department.  Four days after the first one, another repairman came, filled the zone up with 2 lbs of A-410, added a dye /sealer, spent 1/2 hour on labor, but refused to check for the leak because of the heat, and he intensively tried to talk me into agreeing on the spot to an extended $500 service contract.  His momentary charges would then be covered when he would come back in 3 months to do the repair work.  He charged $304 for his efforts.

I totally lost my trust in Sears in whatever they would say, sell, install and repair.  I will not do any business with Sears again.

PLEASE think twice before having a central a/c cooling system installed and repaired by SEARS !  You will be ripped off !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2012 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS-HOME-SERVICES/MELVILLE-New-York-11510/SEARS-HOME-SERVICES-RIP-OFF-MELVILLE-New-York-906227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS HOME SERVICES