poverty

• Updated: Fri, May 24, 2013

• Reported By: proudmother — Indianapolis Indiana
SEARS VACATIONS
15501 N Dial Blvd Scottsdale , Arizona USA

SEARS VACATIONS AKA International Cruise & Excursion Gallery, Inc DEPRIVED ME OF MY HARD EARNING MONEY USING OMMISSION AND MISLEADING INFORMATION Scottsdale Arizona

*Author of original report: I was able to get my money back

On May 9, 2013 I receive a phone call from one sales agent on behalf of  SEARS VACATIONS LAWAY who explain to me that that they were having a special layaway vacation reduce package price. I was acetate in enrolling in the program because of my current financial situation and my ability to make the required monthly payment,I'm a single mother trying to make ends meet. I express my concern to the agent and informed him that I was not interested in enrolling in type of contract, however the sales agent was very persistent and ensure me that I was not under a contract and I could cancel at any time.

After being ensure that I was under no contract and I could cancel at any time I agree to enroll in the program base exclusively on the information I received from the sales agent. I made an initial down payment of 149.00 I had 200 dollars in emergency saving account after making my downpayment I agree to make 4 monthly payment of 86 dollars base on the fact that I could cancel and was not under any contract or ablication to continue with the program, and the kids and I havent being on vacation at least for the past 3 1/2 yeras. and it seend like a good way to save for a most neede vaction.

Before finalizing the sale I validator was put on the phone to verify my information and the program benefits.  On May 23, 2013 at 1:19 p.m. Eastern standard time. I call the sears vacation program customer services number at 1855-791-4981. To cancel my vacation saving program, however the customer service agent inform to me that the company have a 10 cancellation policy, in which I reply to him, "that during my enrollment process I was not made aware of  this cancellation requirement, and is not something that I agree too."

The customer services agent were not able to assist me and then transfer my phone call to another agent. The second agent informed that I was not able to get a refund of my money because of the company 10 days cancellation company, I inform the agent that I was not made aware of this information during my enrollment,  the sales agent and the validator fail to notified that I had 10 days to cancel or otherwise would lose my money.

to which he reply “this information is on the company website under term and conditions”, I inform the agent that I have not seen this information because I haven’t received any documentation of the program term and condition and that I complete my enrollment by phone. A telephone call I received from their company. The agent informed me that the sales agents are not required to inform client of the 10 days cancellation policy because there is no company policy or state law that say this is required.

I havent recive anyting in written describing the sears vacations program I was told it could take up to 47 days before I recived a copy of the agrement term. I enroll base on what I was told.

I am hard working single mother, who is trying her best to provide her kids with the best she can. I enroll in the program because it seen like good way to save money for a good needed family vacation. I have work hard for everything I own. And this company as deprived me of my hard earning money. using unthenical sales practices I'm very disappointment of this company. because the information I recive was misleading and important fact were omitted. I think is information was relevant because it would have affect the outcome of my enrollment of the program because is not something I would have agree too.

Very sad to see big corporation taking advantage of hardworking citizen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS-VACATIONS/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260-/SEARS-VACATIONS-AKA-International-Cruise-Excursion-Gallery-Inc-DEPRIVED-ME-OF-MY-HARD-1053543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS VACATIONS

I was able to get my money back

AUTHOR: proudmother - ()

After fillling a complain with the BBB I was able to get my money back