Complaint Review: SEARS

• Updated: Fri, July 27, 2012

• Reported By: Dr Charles — Treasure Island Florida United States of America
3333 Beverly Rd Hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

SEARS OUTRIGHT THEFT!! , Hoffman Estates , Illinois

On July 15, 2012 I scheduled online a wheel alignment with Sears Automotive for my 2009 BMW SUV. I paid $76.95 via PayPal.

July 16, 2012 I took my car to the local Sears Auto Center, where the Service Manager told me that in order to do the alignment, they would have to drill holes in my car's struts at an additional cost of $120. I declined and asked for a refund. He told me I would have to get my refund online, since I had booked the appointment and paid online.  The alignment was not performed. I asked if I needed any paperwork for my refund, he said "no" that they would simply tear up the order and not charge it.

I asked for a refund (all documented) via e-mail and by phone on July 16th and several times since.A refund was promised on several occasions, but never occurred. My case was escalated to Mr Jan Erik, the Senior Case Manager of Social Media Support, who promised to check with sears. [continued below]....
.....com and expedite my refund. He never did.

On July 27, 2012 Mr Jan-Erik phoned left a voice message asking if I had received my refund. I left him a voice message saying that I had not. He then called me and said that sears.com shows that the alignment was performed on my car on July 18th, and that I would not receive a refund. Furthermore, he said he was marking my case closed, so there would be no more discussion about it.  This is an absolute fabrication and I believe this man is doing this on purpose. He also told me there is no point in writing to corporate, since the complaint would be referred back to him anyway.

This it outright theft of my money. As an MD, at age 76, and after practicing medicine for more than 35 years, I have never experienced anything like this. What is my recourse and how can this be exposed for what it is?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/SEARS-OUTRIGHT-THEFT-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-918378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS