• Report: #2062

• Submitted: Fri, April 14, 2000
  • Updated: Fri, January 25, 2002

• Reported By:Hamburg PA
SEARS
Berkshire Mall Wyomissing, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ripped Off By SEARS *REBUTTAL

*0: Honestly, I'm amazed that those injured in the "accident" have not come after you

*0: You idiot ...

I recently purchased a new set of tires from our local SEARS tire store.

Shortlty after the purchase, I began to hear a slight noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. Since the "mechanic" at SEARS had told me there was a bushing that needed to be replaced, I assumed it was the cause of the noise.

As time went on, the noise became more noticable, but due to time constraints, I put off having it checked.

A short while later, the engine in the vehicle blew (no fault of SEARS.....the motor had over 140,000 miles on it).

I spent considerable time researching engine replacement options and eventually found an engine and had it installed.

When I picked up the vehicle, the mechanic who installed the engine mentionjed that he had heard a noise in the front end. He advised me to take the car home and "check out the engine". He also advised that "if the noise doesn't stop, bring it back and we'll take care of it".

On the way back to the shop the next day, the front left wheel fell off the vehicle, causing major damage to the vehicle, and minor injury to the occupants.

I contacted SEARS and related the whole story...they replied by sending someone to take pictures of the damage and refering me to Liberty Mutual Insurance Co. (their insurance carrier).
Liberty Mutual contacted me and told me that they would assume NO RESPONSABILITY for the damage.

I am currently battling SEARS over this matter. I have filed reports with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General's Office, and am in the process of filing a lawsuit against SEARS to recover the cost of repairs. I am also considering filing in criminal court for Criminal Negligence, as occupants were injured as a result of SEARS actions.

I have been informed by the attorney representing SEARS thet I am no longer allowed on SEARS property, and that if I do go onto their property, I will be charged with DEFIANT TRESPASS.

"Please help me get my money back."

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Sears

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS/Wyomissing-Pennsylvania/Ripped-Off-By-SEARS-REBUTTAL-2062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS

Their name: VHHS

Their relationship to the company: Consumer Suggestion

Rebuttal:

You state:

As time went on, the noise became more noticable, but due to time

constraints, I put off having it checked.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

So......Let me make sure I understand: (1) Nowhere do you claim that Sears caused the problem. (2) They did notify you of the problem. (3) The problem got worse, but you knowlingly and willingly did not have it checked out or fixed. And now it's Sears' problem ??? Is that pretty much the short version that the insurance company attorneys discussed with you? Did they also mention anything about "leading a horse to water" ??

Honestly, I'm amazed that those injured in the "accident" have not come after you for their expenses, based on the very details you have furnished here.

Good luck....you may well need it.

#2 0

You idiot ...

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: [email protected]

Their name: Dave

Their relationship to the company: Consumer Suggestion

Rebuttal:

You idiot, Your problem is with the mechanic that changed your enging not sears. I promise you that they had to remove the front tires to change the engine.!!!!!