Henrietta

• Submitted: Wed, March 09, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 09, 2011

• Reported By: lisa — Kodiak Alaska United States of America
SEARS

SEARS Kenmore ALL MY NEW KENMORE APPLIANCES BREAKING DOWN - SEARS WILL DO NOTHING Internet

*Consumer Comment: The bottom line here is the warranty terms.

In May of 09 my husband and I purchased an entire suite of Kenmore appliances - range/oven, microwave hood combo, dishwasher and trash compactor.  We also own a Frigidaire (e.g. Sears) Affinity washer and dryer which we got about 4 years ago.  Everything is breaking.  First I had to get the gasket replaced on the washer because it was caked with mold and reeked to high heaven.  I had to fight like a tiger for weeks with Frigidaire's overseas call center to get that fixed.  Then the trash compactor went out -- the large main gear, which is made of plastic, (what idiot suggested plastic gears?) shattered and needed to be replaced.  We fixed that ourselves because we thought that maybe it was our fault.  now the dishwasher is going out and from looking at the Sears community website it is a common and known problem.  I posted my tale of woe to the Sears website and was immediately contacted by the moderator who referred me to the Searscares escalation unit for resolution.  Imagine my shock and disgust when they informed me that because I had not purchased the appliances at a licensed Sears outlet, they couldn't do anything.  (We bought the appliances at our local Coast Guard base where my husband has buying privileges.)  I told Sears that I was going to contact the Base Commander and not let up until every Coast Guard base in the US stopped selling Kenmore products, and that I was contacting my state atty general's consumer protection unit.  Clearly they are a sleazeball outfit who will use any excuse, no matter how pitiful, in order to avoid standing by their product.  I am angry that the Coast Guard sells Kenmore because I think of all the young military families here on a tight budget who are probably buying these appliances in reliance on the Kenmore name and then subsequently getting hosed.  What's so ironic is that we tore out all the old appliances that were over 25 years old but still worked perfectly.  We tore them out and ended up replacing them with cheap crap that hasn't even held up 2 years.  I am absolutely disgusted and outraged.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2011 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS/internet/SEARS-Kenmore-ALL-MY-NEW-KENMORE-APPLIANCES-BREAKING-DOWN-SEARS-WILL-DO-NOTHING-Interne-704625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS

The bottom line here is the warranty terms.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

What does your warranty say?

I can answer that. There is none, as the products are out of warranty.

I'm sure the extended warranty/in home service contract was offered, as it always is, and you declined it.

These are all choices.

You decided to get rid of your old stuff that was still working. Nobody forced you.

It is understood that everything we buy here is junk made in China or Mexico, or some third world country. Does that suprise you??

I bought a washing mashine less than 3 years ago which was a Whirlpool Estate Series. A nice unit. Within 1 year it rusted out all around the top. I paid $400 for that unit and got 3 years out of it and it still works. Big deal. I knew it was made in Mexico and bought it anyway. A choice. I also knew it had only a 1 year warranty on it.

The bottom line is that we all make choices, and we all live with those choices we make.

No rip off here. The units all outlasted the warranty period. What's the problem?

You got what you paid for.

Nobody needs a garbage disposal or a dishwasher.

Put your garbage in the garbage can, and wash your own dishes. Don't be so lazy.

Works for me. No problems.