Complaint Review: SEARS

Sears Holdings Corporation Internet United States of America

*Consumer Comment: Sears is a rip off

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Marketplace

*Consumer Comment: Whoops and a Correction

*Consumer Comment: Are you sure?

I placed an order with them and paid through my PayPal account on 10/11/10 in which they gave me a fake order number that it can not be viewed online and a fake tracking number to UPS.  Til 10/28/10 they can not give me an answer as to where is my order or my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2010 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARS/internet/SEARS-PROVIDE-FAKE-ORDER-NO-AND-TRACKING-NO-Internet-656068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS

Sears is a rip off

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I too purchased some shoes from Sears on line. They took the credit card and gave me a confirmation number for the purchases.

Next day I received a shipping number for tracking.

After a few days and the purchase did not arrive I tried to track the item.

Guess what, Sears never did send the shoes to UPS, USPS nor any other shipping option.
Then Sears denied I ever purchased the item. I have the receipt, tracking number, confirmation for purchase number and more. Yet sears flatly denies that I ever made the purchase. So far it is me against them, they did charge the credit card for the amount however. So now it becomes a legal item.

I also received a note from Sears stating the shoes I had ordered were discontinued a year ago. As far as I and others are concerned. Sears is just running a scam. Now with the new information about the item being discontinued a year earlier, it looks like credit card fraud now.

Lets see Sears get out of this one. I would love to drive by and see the sears building empty and sold as junk to the recycle business.

Sears Marketplace

Sears.com recently added alternative vendors that customers can purchase their items from within the sears.com website. This is, at the moment, a system still undergoing updates and clarification for both consumers and employees.

Sears.com ship items through US Postal Service unless the item weighs more than 150lbs. It is not clear on the website, I know, and I will be making a point of adding that as an important piece of information to inform the customer so they don't get confused in the future. Sears has an open-door policy on ideas and suggestions and I will make use of it to point out this situation.

As for the order number, there are more than one way to identify a sale through Sears.com. The customer's email address can narrow things down, as well as the confirmation number that would be given in the initial email receipt.

I hope that helps.

Whoops and a Correction

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Need to correct my previous post.

Sears does "say" it accepts PayPal, but in trying to purchase an item PayPal was not one of the payment options.  The options were only Sears Credit Card, Different Credit Card(PayPal not Listed), eBillMe, or a Rewards or Gift Card.  So I will just have to defer that there are situations when PayPal is accepted, but what they are I do not know as I could not get PayPal as one of the options.

But the actual question does still apply.  Is the OP sure that they actually ordered through the real sears.com web site?

One other possibility is that you have the wrong shipping company.  It could be that the tracking number is from the USPS or even FedEx.  Try putting that tracking number in those sites and see what you get.

Are you sure?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Are you sure it was the real Sears Website?  Because sears.com does not take PayPal

From the Sears web site.

Payment Options

You can purchase from Sears with a gift card, eBillme, PayPal, or credit card.

We accept the following Gift Cards: Sears, the new Kmart 16-digit card and Lands' End with PIN number.

We accept cash payments from eBillme Pay secure from your online bank account or walk-in location. Learn More

We accept the following Credit Cards: Sears Card , Sears Premier Card, Sears ChargePlus , Sears Commercial One, Sears Gold Mastercard, Mastercard, VISA, American Express, or Discover.