Complaint Review: SEARS/KMART

• Submitted: Tue, January 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2008

• Reported By:SOUTH BOSTON Massachusetts
.KMART.COM Internet U.S.A.

I placed an order on KMART.com on Dec 17th. The site said order by the 17th and get free shipping and get your order by xmas. Who can beat that I thought. I ordered a few stuffing stockings for my daughter, and my niece and nephew.

I received an email stating that an item was out of stock so they were canceling that item and were going to change the amt they charged my credit card. No problem I thought.

I then received another email stating that one of my items was shipped. I received that item adn then another email stating that the rest of my items were shipped and were estimated to arrive DECEMBER 28th well after xmas.

I emailed their customer service dept and complained. No response from them. On Monday Jan 14 I went online to my credit card to check my balance and see when my payment was due. It showed that I had gone over the credit limit. When I checked to see why, imagine my surprise to see that KMART had charged me two different times for the order. I contacted KMART at the number on my credit card statement and I got a recording directing me to email them with any credit card charge problems at pscredit@searsca.com which I promptly did. I still have not heard back from them.

Today I submitted a dispute to my credit card company. I told them that the charges were unauthorized. I am waiting to hear as to what to do next. I have the copies of all emails KMART sent me in case my credit card company needs them.

SOUTH BOSTON, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2008 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEARSKMART/internet/SEARSKMART-RIP-OFF-CHARGING-TWICE-KMARTCOM-Internet-300181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEARS/KMART