Complaint Review: SECURITY ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL - SAI

• Submitted: Sat, January 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 18, 2009

• Reported By:SAN LORENZO California
SECURITY ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL - SAI
2101 S. ARLINGTON HEIGHTS RD. #150, ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois U.S.A.

SECURITY ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL - SAI CONTINUES TO TRY TO COLLECT ON FRAUDULENT FIRST LINE SECURITY CONTRACT ARLINGTON HEIGHTS Illinois

*Author of original report: UPDATE

SAI continues to attempt to collect money from me on a fraudulent contract. They recently sent a letter to me threatening collection activities. SAI is a fly by night dishonest and nonresponsive company. Below are exerts from a letter I sent to SAI on 1/10/08:

I entered into a contract with First Line Security on 1/03/08 was a result of fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of FLS. A few months later FLS sold the contract fraudulently obtained to Security Associates International.

First Line Security knowingly made fraudulent statements when they told me that they had purchased my contract from ADT. In October of this year I was told by ADT that this was not true and that ADT has never had any business connection with FLS. ADT further told me that if FLS said that they had purchased my account from ADT it was a lie. I was forced to pay late fees to ADT in the amount of $340.00 because my ADT account was still active and it had never been purchased from ADT by FLS.

FLS equipment was removed from my in April 2008, shortly after my new alarm system was installed and the new alarm monitoring company began servicing me. You have not been monitoring my home since April 2008.

On 11/10/08 I filed a complaint against FLS with the California Department of Consumer Affairs. On 1/6/08 I filed a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs complaint against you, Security Associates International. Last but not least the fraudulent contract was cancelled with FLS by letter in writing to them in April 2008. The letter stated many reasons for the cancellation; the inferior quality of the system, repeated false alarms and the lack of customer support etc provided by SAI/FLS.

I had to pay $250 in false alarm fees to the local Sheriff's Department as a result of the repeated false alarms. Whenever I tried to contact SAI it was extremely difficult to get a hold of anyone. When I finally did speak to someone the customer service representative told me that I would have to pay a $100 trip charge. Of course I never went forward with them after hearing of this ridiculous fee.

Versie
SAN LORENZO, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2009 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SECURITY-ASSOCIATES-INTERNATIONAL-SAI/ARLINGTON-HEIGHTS-Illinois-60005/SECURITY-ASSOCIATES-INTERNATIONAL-SAI-CONTINUES-TO-TRY-TO-COLLECT-ON-FRAUDULENT-FIRST-LI-410636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SECURITY ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL - SAI

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Versie - (U.S.A.)

On January 17 I received a letter collection letter from the collection agency that SAI is using. They believe SAI claim is valid even after I sent them a copy of the letter I sent to SAI. I am going to take further action.