Complaint Review: SECURITY ELITE GROUP

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Nana — new york New York United States of America
SECURITY ELITE GROUP
80 Broad Street, Suite 1202 New York, New York United States of America

SECURITY ELITE GROUP LT. KELLY AND CREW I found a job posting in Metro and Am newspaper which read "front desk guards, NO experience needed, make up to 13.25p/hr" so I called since I was desperately job haunting. New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: shame on them

*Consumer Comment: Wow

*Author of original report: I Cannot Believe You Got The Effrontery To Lie

*Consumer Comment: I Rest My Case

*Consumer Comment: WHO CARES

*Consumer Comment: Relevant

*Consumer Comment: Good to know

*Author of original report: my picture has nothing to do with my predicaments.

*General Comment: LT KELLY....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: DISGRUNTLED FORMER EMPLOYEE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: DISGRUNTLED FORMER EMPLOYEE NEEDS A LIFE

*Consumer Comment: So,,, the picture of you holding up the wall:

My name is Nana ****. I have been job haunting for a while and since the economy crisis, it has been easy. I tried all source for job search and one morning I read a security job posting in the Metro Classifieds and Am New York newspapers so I called to apply. Lt. Kelly asked a couple of questions and scheduled me for an appointment the following day. She also told me to bring $80 as a training fee since I didn't have any experience so I asked if its just $80 because I don't want them to add any other hidden cost and she boldly replied NO OTHER HIDDEN COST.

When I finally got to their office and filled all necessary applications, my interviewer took the $80 and gave me a receipt that said I was being scheduled for a class the following week Wednesday 05-29-12. He then added "Miss you will need to bring an extra money $299 for the license after I complete the 8,16 and fireguard program" so I said if its for a state license, then I will try and get the money so I left. [continued below]....
.....

Fortunately for me, another job I had already applied called me and they offered me free training so I went to their office Saturday, 06-02-12 to tell them what happened and asked for a refund which the lady receptionist gave me their website to fill in some questions and they will surely get back to me, probably refund my hard earned $80. I did exactly as I was told and up until this very moment, SEG has absolutely refused all my efforts to get my money back. I called LT.

Kelly today to ask her how I can get my money back and she rudely told me they can't refund my money because they already processed me so I asked "what kind of processing" I feel very cheated and scammed. I came home and log unto internet and to my surprise, SEG has been doing the same thing to a whole lot of innocent people out there. I just wanna share my experience and make others aware of SECURITY ELITE GROUP is up to. Now, I just don't know how to get my money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SECURITY-ELITE-GROUP/New-York-New-York-10004/SECURITY-ELITE-GROUP-LT-KELLY-AND-CREW-I-found-a-job-posting-in-Metro-and-Am-newspaper-wh-897722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SECURITY ELITE GROUP

shame on them

AUTHOR: scam watcher - ()

I would like to be in contact with anyone who has information that might lead to a class-action suit against SEG. They are entirely unprofessional, unethical and just preying upon a bad economy.

THey should be investigated by proper authorities.

Wow

AUTHOR: KwameTheGreat - (United States of America)

I was just ripped off by them. But I'm working on exposing them. Do you have Facebook?

I Cannot Believe You Got The Effrontery To Lie

AUTHOR: Nana - (United States of America)

So Security Elite Group still have the nerve to lie? Explain to me in CLEAR WORDS what "disgruntled former employee" is, when i never even got a job from you guys. I am the victim here and you still have the gust to lie about it. This displays how shameless S.E.G is. You scammed a poor young girl who wants to have a life by working hard and not galavanting the streets and pleading for quarters $$$. I tried my possible best to get that $80 I paid that day 05-29-12. The date is very fresh in my mind. I had to borrow that money because that faithful day was very terrible for me and I didn't have money for train or bus. When I asked my friend for help, she gladly gave me since she knew it was a job opportunity. Fortunately for me, another job called so I immediately called off my appointment with yall and what Lt. Kelly could tell me was the fact that they already processed my money. The money I had to convince a friend to give me. I can't admit how stupid I was to believe that I will find a descent job form S.E.G. Security Elite Group will surely get their a*s into trouble for ripping so many innocent people off their hard earned money. I cannot kept quiet America! Especially people from New York, please conduct a thorough search about any company you wanna get involved with lest you get robbed. These scammers are aware of how bad the economy is and they also know how desperate people are to work so please be-careful about what you do. My humble advise!

I Rest My Case

AUTHOR: Common Sense - (United States of America)

Not seeing how an irrelevant "LOOK AT ME!" image is a beacon to stupidity is also the same intellect that has someone forking over training cash for something a company should give you first and deduct from wages second. I rest my case.

WHO CARES

AUTHOR: S.Berry - (United States of America)

Who looks at a photo to huge the severity of a situation, she like that photo and wanted to use it, so what. Use your own judgement, I did.... I am still dealing with SEG even after I read this, her point is still valid and her opinion still counts. If you don't like it , it's best to make your own report so you can keep your comments to yourself.... How do you kick someone who's already down!?!

Relevant

AUTHOR: Common Sense - (United States of America)

The picture indicates how seriously we should take the complaint and weigh the veracity of the writer's personal judgment. But then of course, a reader who would not see any problem with the picture probably needs a rip off report to help them avoid such an obvious scam.

So in that regard, I disagree with the reporter's claim the photo is not relevant.

Good to know

AUTHOR: S.Berry - (United States of America)

What is the info of the free security place you found? Please Contact me at Lastarr_k@yahoo.com, I paid processing but I know along with everything else once that money was gone it was gone. :/

my picture has nothing to do with my predicaments.

AUTHOR: Nana - (United States of America)

The fact that I was scammed doesn't mean I cannot have a picture posing the way I want. I just felt I should let American especially New York know what Security Elite Group did to me and I am sure I am not the only victim. I have proof of what I say and I will boldly show it to anybody who is willing to know. Lt. Kelly rudely told me my money has been processed while I didn't have a clue of what she was talking about even when I calmly spoke to her in a polite tone.

#9 General Comment

LT KELLY....

AUTHOR: saeeda - (USA)

I DO NOT AGREE BECAUSE I HAVE ALSO CALLED LT. KELLY BEFORE FROM AM NEW YORK NEWSPAPER A WHILE BACK AND WAS TOLD TO BRING 80$ BUT I FOLLOWED MY MIND & DIDN'T I THINK I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

DISGRUNTLED FORMER EMPLOYEE

AUTHOR: Management - (United States of America)

Please disregard comment. This is a disgruntled former employee whom is upset he is out of work due to his termination, for sexual harrassment..... Former employee whom is now unemployed has nothing better to do. ALL COMMENTS are a fake.

Management-

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

DISGRUNTLED FORMER EMPLOYEE NEEDS A LIFE

AUTHOR: Management - (United States of America)

Please disregard spam comments. This is a disgruntled former employee whom is upset he is out of work due to his termination for sexually harrassing clients within the work place. Former employee whom is now unemployed has nothing better to do. ALL COMMENTS commencing  june 12th 2012 and up are from this employee. No such ad in the AM, with a LT. kelly

Management-

So,,, the picture of you holding up the wall:

AUTHOR: Lawrence - (USA)

Is for what reason, exactly? I'm not seeing the connection from your picture to the story you told. Can you clue me in?