Complaint Review: SELECT MOVING AND STORAGE

• Updated: Sat, August 22, 2009

• Reported By: JeanB — South Bend Indiana USA
SELECT MOVING AND STORAGE
3401 MADISON STREET SKOKIE, Illinois United States of America

SELECT MOVING AND STORAGE SELECT VAN LINES, UNITED RELOCATION VAN LINES, PEAK VAN LINES, TARGET VAN LINES, SELECT INC, GALAXY VAN LINES, DO NOT USE SELECT MOVING AND STORAGE - THEY WILL SCAM YOU! South Bend, Indiana

I hired Select Moving and Storage for my apartment move from Chicago to South Bend, IN. They gave me a binding quote of $942.87 and then said they wanted $2293.20 for the move once they picked up my things. They claimed there were additional items, however they also used an excessive amount of packing supplies (tape, etc) in order to increase the price. I was told it would be a straight delivery, however they were 24 hours late shipping my items.

When they arrived they refused to take any of my items off the delivery truck until I paid them in cash (even though according to the binding quote I was able to pay part of my shipment in cash and another part via a personal check). I called the police and though they were sympathetic, they were unable to do anything. The moving company then drove my items back to Chicago. The manager then called me and stated that if I sent her a personal check she would contact me once my check was processed.

This company scammed me and held my possessions hostage until I paid their inflated amount. I had to hire another moving company to go to their warehouse to get my items and deliver them to Indiana.

Extensive online research has revealed to me that this company (which also uses the names United Relocation Van Lines, Select Inc, Galaxy Van Lines, Target van Lines) has done many similar scams in the past. Because of this company, my moving experience has been a complete nightmare! This is not a legitimate company, and they will scam you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2009 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SELECT-MOVING-AND-STORAGE/SKOKIE-Illinois-60076/SELECT-MOVING-AND-STORAGE-SELECT-VAN-LINES-UNITED-RELOCATION-VAN-LINES-PEAK-VAN-LINES-T-484009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SELECT MOVING AND STORAGE