Complaint Review: SELECT PORTFOLIO SERVICING

• Updated: Sat, October 23, 2010

• Reported By: sherri — Bechtelsville Pennsylvania United States of America
SELECT PORTFOLIO SERVICING
PO BOX 65250 SALT LAKE CITY, Utah United States of America

SELECT PORTFOLIO SERVICING - FAIRBANKS CAPITOL MODIFICATION? MORE LIKE LIES! DONT BE FOOLED, WILL PUT YOU BACK ONE MONTH IN MORTGAGE EACH TIME YOU TRY! SALT LAKE CITY Utah

Have tried for a modification twice.  Needed to include property taxes and homeowner ins. in payments.  Was told that they would lower our % rate from 8.85% to approx 4%.  Never happened.  Was rejected both times which put us 2mos behind in our mortgage.  Never informed that they would do this.  After numerous calls and stress, someone actually admitted this and I was told this was common practice and I should have been informed of this from the beginning, I stated that I wasnt informed at all and if I would have known this I wouldnt have proceeded with trying two different mortgage modifications.

Now knowing this we are making extra payments only to find out that they claim we owe over 3000.00 in back payments.  How does a 885.00 a month mortgage turn into 3000.00.

Need to know who the Lawyer is who prosecuted them aka Fairbanks Capitol,  in the first place.

Will be looking into this further.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2010 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SELECT-PORTFOLIO-SERVICING/SALT-LAKE-CITY-Utah-84165/SELECT-PORTFOLIO-SERVICING-FAIRBANKS-CAPITOL-MODIFICATION-MORE-LIKE-LIES-DONT-BE-FOOL-654313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SELECT PORTFOLIO SERVICING