Complaint Review: SEO Worldwide

• Submitted: Wed, February 08, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: Molly B — Portsmouth New Hampshire Virgin Islands (US)
SEO Worldwide
2510 Warren Ave Cheyenne, WY 82001-3163 Internet United States of America

SEO Worldwide SEO Worldwide, SEO Marketing, Internet Marketing Internet

*Consumer Comment: Message to the wife who wrote the report.

*Consumer Comment: More Robert Marc Raskin from Las Vegas DIRT

*Consumer Comment: Rob Raskin is the Owner hiding behind the Corporate Vail

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Mr. Gibson

*Consumer Comment: Very questionable company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: SEO Worldwide is NOT in Wyoming

Here is a detailed account of our encounter with SEO Worldwide of Cheyenne Wyoming. On May 5th of 2011 this company
contacted our home business. The individual, Mark, stated that SEO Worldwide was able to promote our business by using code language, keywords etc. so that it would appear as the first ranking on Google search for any number of search
terms. Mark spent nearly two hours on the phone with my husband while I was at work convincing him that if he paid $3,000 that my husbands website would shoot up to the first website listed for a whole host of various related search terms. My husband believed all of this and told Mark that he was interested but needed to discuss this with me first. Mark told my husband that the only way that he could work with him is by taking his credit card number to reserve this number one spot on Google otherwise he was going to continue his calls to other similar businesses in our area and offer the same services to them and thus my husband would loose his opportunity. My husband agreed. Mark said he would send him the credit card authorization which would reserve SEOs services as well as a second document with the our businesses website and log in information, which would be required in advance in order to complete the services they claimed to be able to do. For example, according to SEO they required our website login information so they could enter all of their code that would allow users to find us using a list of related keyword searched.

Mark sent him a document requesting a great deal of information regarding our company and business website as well as a credit card authorization form which had the amount of $1,999 and $999 on it. These are important numbers to note as $2,999 and $1,999 are the daily and individual purchase limits for most consumer credit cards which do not require the creditor to call the card holder and verify the purchase. The authorization didnt include ANY terms of service. It was simply a single page of text that outlined the companys name and address, my husbands name and address, and a statement that my husband was authorizing payment and that the payment was non-refundable.

Of course not included on either document was any statement detailing the verbal agreement that Mark made with my husband over the phone that this credit card information was being given to them merely to reserve my husbands
number one spot on Google. My husband completed the credit card authorization form but didnt complete or return the other document.

When I returned home that evening my husband explained this new business venture to me. First I cried, then I tried to explain to him how Google works and that you cannot simply buy the top spot on Google and that no SEO company can make it happen for you either. He still didnt believe me so I went to the BBB website. I read him the complaints and found a couple others on other websites as well. Then we called our credit card company and found out thatSURPRISESEO Worldwide had already put the charge through. We immediately denied the charges and our credit card company put a temporary hold on the charges until the credit card company completed an investigation into the matter.

My husband then called SEO and told them that he didnt want to work with them based on the complaints lodged with the BBB. Mark told my husband that he couldnt cancel and that the payment was non-refundable. After 30 minutes or so of being transferred from one person in their office to another being told that he couldnt cancel and that they could sue my husband, have him arrested etc., my husband finally just hung up the phone.

The next day we provided our creditor the credit card authorization, e-mails, and a letter detailing the phone call. We emphasized that SEO hadnt provided any service as we canceled our agreement before they had the opportunity to do so. Also, we noted that we never completed the document giving them the information necessary to complete their service.

However, a month later we received a packet of evidence that SEO had provided our creditor that they had completed service. This is the most egregious and offensive part of the whole matter. SEO simply Googgled our company, print screened
everything they found and claimed credit for it. They provided print screens of our website, Google listings, online advertising listings etc. All things we had running for years at this point, many of which we were paying to keep up on the internet at the time we received this packet from our creditor. We explained this to our creditor, won our case and our creditor declined payment to SEO.

We receive calls from SEO to this day. Each time, it is one of two women, calling from numbers that appear as blocked on our caller ID.

The same woman will call using a different name multiple times a month. They continue to threaten to sue us. We have logged complaints with the Wyoming Attorney Generals office and the BBB but neither will do anything because the fraud
wasnt fully propagated.  If you would like to contact me directly because you are dealing with SEO, leave a message
here. If you work for SEO and want to engage me in some silly argument, dont bother.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEO-Worldwide/internet/SEO-Worldwide-SEO-Worldwide-SEO-Marketing-Internet-Marketing-Internet-835850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEO Worldwide

Message to the wife who wrote the report.

AUTHOR: RealtorDeb - ()

I am currently a victim of this same company, SEO Worldwide.  However, they took $3,995 out of my account and my credit union, San Diego County Credit Union (SDCCU) found in their favor and say I owe them the money.  During the entire four month investigation, SDCCU NEVER ONCE contacted me for my side of the story.  How could they find in favor of this scamming fraudulent company without any input from me!???  I need help.  Please contact me to let me know how you were able to get your bank (credit card) to decline their payment.  Now that SEO Worldwide won the investigation, they're calling me - LAUGHING - that I still owe them $1K and now they're threatening me with creditors and legal fees.  My email is dvance92118@gmail.com.  Please email me and let me know if you have any ideas on how I can proceed.  Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated. Deborah

More Robert Marc Raskin from Las Vegas DIRT

AUTHOR: GhostBoy - ()

read this article how the owners of UsaSeoPros or KJR Managment swindeled their last company click this link or read this article here. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2003/jul/08/fund-misappropriation-alleged-at-lv-company/

Fund misappropriation alleged at LV company Tuesday, July 8, 2003 | 11:21 a.m. The U.S. Department of Labor has filed a complaint in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Las Vegas to protect money owed to a retirement plan of a defunct
food delivery company.The federal agency filed a complaint last week in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy case involving Robert Marc Raskin, the former owner and president of Quality Home Foods Inc. QHF, which provided home delivery of meats, produce and other foods, discontinued operations last year.Raskin also was a fiduciary of the company's
401(k) retirement fund operated for 27 former employees, according to a court filing.Raskin filed for personal bankruptcy protection Jan. 15, listing assets of $24,598 and debts of $10 million, which included home mortgages, credit card debt and expenses associated with the QHF business. The largest creditor in the case is Cendant Mortgage Corp., which is owed a total of $5.5 million on two home mortgages.The Labor Department complaint says Raskin did not act in the best interests of the retirement plan when he did not forward $17,000 to the account in employee contributions, participant loan repayments and employer matching contributions. The complaint alleges that he used that money to pay company expenses.The complaint says Raskin "misappropriated employee contributions by allowing contributions withheld from employee paychecks to be retained in corporate accounts,
commingled with corporate assets and used to pay corporate expenses other than QHF's obligations to the plan."The filing also said "by misappropriating employee contributions to his own benefit and by failing to take action to collect employer contributions and loan repayments, the defendant debtor's actions constituted fraud and
defalcation" under bankruptcy law.Raskin could not be reached for comment, but his attorney, James Greene, Las Vegas, said he and Raskin have not had access to QHF's financial records since July of last year and they could not review allegations made in the Labor Department's complaint."He (Raskin) was forced out of QHF in July of last year
and he was not able to take any business records with him," Greene said Monday.He said Raskin believed that all funds due the retirement plan had been properly deposited and accounted for, but he has no way of checking."We haven't seen the Department of Labor documents, so we have no way of reviewing the allegations in the complaint," Greene said. "If they are correct, we may try to settle with them and have those amounts paid and do what we can to make sure the employees get what is due them."Greene said Raskin is no longer in the food delivery business.The Labor Department says debts owed to pension and retirement plans by fiduciaries cannot be discharged when the fiduciary files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy if the debt involved misappropriation of the pension funds.

Rob Raskin is the Owner hiding behind the Corporate Vail

AUTHOR: GhostBoy - (United States of America)

Here is his website www.RobRaskin.com the man who has scammed thousands of hard working people by using his wife as the fall guy and pretend owner of his scam businesses. It takes a lot of money to pay for such a big home and such a big ego like Mr. Raskins. He was also investigated for the  unsolved death of his ex wife that died from some kind of poising after he caught her cheating on him with several of his ex employees. I know this because I used to work for him and he told me everything. Kathleen Raskin and Robert Raskin are as scummy as they come. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up on the TV show American Greed. don't forget to check out www. RobRaskin.com

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Mr. Gibson

AUTHOR: VegasTruth - (United States of America)

Mr. Gibson isn't anyone but a collector. His real name is Gibson Gomez. Ray Saulon is the general sales manager, but he is as slick as it gets. The ONLY thing you can do is file a complaint with your credit card company and hope for a charge back.

Very questionable company

AUTHOR: David - (United States of America)

I was recently contacted by this company under its other name, Top of The First page.  They pretty much promised exactly what the first person posted regarding her husband.  They said they were moving into to MLM market, of which I am a part of and wanted to get my website visibility.

Without getting into extreme detail, what happened boiled down to this.  They wanted to sell me a package for over 2000 dollars to get my website visible on the internet.  Once I started asking some probing questions I got passed around from rep to rep.  They called while I was at work and would not let up.  The rep started getting pushy saying that my fiance would want me to do this.  When I rejected him further he outright told me I was not not making sense I should do this...etc.  he actually got insulting at which time I hung up.

One week later the same man called again telling me to go to google while I had the chance because 2 other people in my company lost the opportunity so they wanted to come back to me.  I told the gentleman that I was very upset about how I was spoken to and had no interest in dealing with people like that even if the money was not the issue.  His response...."well I think its asinine of you not to do this to get your website listed."  Asinine...really?  Have you ever heard a sales rep who thought they might get a sale treat a perspective client that way?

Based on my experience, if a company has to try this hard, with a really hard sell, to get your business and they cannot conduct themselves in a professional manner, that already is a red flag to stay away.  How they got my information I dont know.  I recommend staying away from SEO Worldwide or Top of The First Page.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

SEO Worldwide is NOT in Wyoming

AUTHOR: Todd - (U.S.A.)

For those contacted by SEO Worldwide, or Top Of The First Page, these are both companies operating in Las Vegas, Nevada.  They are owned by Robert & Kathy Raskin.  The corporations or LLCs are under more names than I can mention.  KJR Management, Business Development Institute, Doobster Enterprises, USA SEO, SEO Worldwide, Top of the First Page, and others...

This company is all worked under Doobster Enterprises and Business Development Institute.  The owner of Doobster is K. Raskin.  Robert Raskin is the actual owner, but he has ruined his reputation so badly that he had to use his wife's name.

They run a real boiler room operation.  They do not even let the employees leave the property for lunch break due to drug use problems.  Some of the sales guys do not even use their real names.  I worked there for a week, but did not stay because I could not work for a company like this.  I actually witnessed a guy tell a customer, "yeah it is snowing right now here in Cheyenne Wyoming."  Problem was he was in Las Vegas, at 1091 SOUTH CIMARRON ROAD, STE. A-4   Las Vegas, NV 89145.

These guys are lying to you.  Do NOT spend your money on their bull crap stories.  Don't fall for the sales tactics of showing you top rankings of clients under search terms that sound good, but are not.

If you do buy from them you will never see your money back.   they are tricky at doing illegal things to keep you on.  One "higher up" guy there is MR GIBSON at (877)304-1727