Complaint Review: SERVE VIRTUAL ENTERPRISES, INC.

• Submitted: Mon, December 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 24, 2012

• Reported By: JSM — Baldwin New York United States of America
SERVE VIRTUAL ENTERPRISES, INC.
PO Box 989 St. Petersburg, Florida United States of America

SERVE VIRTUAL ENTERPRISES, INC. Complete and Utter corporate irresponsiblity St. Petersburg, Florida

I opened a Serve account earlier this year after hearing about a promotional credit that would be applied if I funded my account with a specific amount of money. I opened the account, funded it and waited for my card in the mail. I was skeptical because I already use paypal as my primary way to send money online but, i thought what the hell. Shortly after funding my account, they did not give me the promotional credit as they stated earlier. I called and had to complain on two separate occasions to rectify this issue.

As per their user agreement they state that you get a "Serve card" via US Mail to access your funds. I never got the card in the mail. Called their 800 number and was told a new one would be mailed. I never got that one either. Then I called for a third time (this is a separate issue than the one I listed above), spoke to a supervisor who got the card mailed to me.

I hooked up my debit card and bank account to my serve account after receiving my card in the mail. I started to use the serve card as a primary because you can access multiple debit cards (keeps my wallet lighter) from one main source. Two days after hooking up my debit cards to my serve card, I went to buy a pack of cigarettes at the gas station by me and it was declined (I had sufficent funds though). I promptly called Serve and they said, "...my account was restricted due to address and debit card verification..." and "...I had to fax or mail this information to them to remove the restriction...". I did this immediately (the next day). And the restrictions weren't removed. I sent them THE EXACT DOCUMENTATION THEY ASKED FOR (BANK STATEMENT, DEBIT CARD FRONT AND BACK, NYSID).

I have read other reviews about this issue and it seems their parent company American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc has had multiple issues with this matter. Federal and State complaints have been filed. THIS IS PATRIOT ACT ABUSE AT ITS BEST! When banks and financial institutions can't deny you because of your credit they will always find a way!

DONT USE THEM! USE PAYPAL!

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH SERVE, BLUEBIRD AND AMEX PREPAID WILL NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT FOR YOU!

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JUST FILED AMEX FOR 80 MILLION DOLLARS FOR VIOLATING FEDERAL LAW EARLIER THIS YEAR! KEEP ALL THIS IN MIND BEFORE YOU OPEN AN ACCOUNT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SERVE-VIRTUAL-ENTERPRISES-INC/St-Petersburg-Florida-33731/SERVE-VIRTUAL-ENTERPRISES-INC-Complete-and-Utter-corporate-irresponsiblity-St-Petersbu-986683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SERVE VIRTUAL ENTERPRISES, INC.