Complaint Review: SERVICE MAGIC

• Updated: Sat, September 26, 2009

• Reported By: Ga Electrical Contractor — marietta Georgia USA
SERVICE MAGIC
atanta, Georgia United States of America

SERVICE MAGIC Kathy Maxfield, 877-800-3177ext8949, contractor relations The company is a joke, no customer service, they send leads not request, or crap lead,three contractors have to run with one winner, they then fail to give credit on bad leads. atanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: IT WAS BAD AT FIRST

This is a system set-up to screw the contractors.

I joined after speaking with Kathy Maxfield in contractor relations. I was a member for about 6 months and spent more time running dead end leads, chasing the other 2 contractors to the lead, or just giving free estimates. If it is a good lead, then you have to underbid jobs to beat the other contractors to get the job. All the contractors are really the suckers.

They put me on a system that suppose to only give me leads I requested. They auto generate the leads,  they do not pre-qualify the leads. you get them all, you are charged right away for them, you have to weed through them, then it is very hard to get credit. Very much a waste of time.

I tried to terminate my membership. They kept sending the leads and charging me. I have tried to get in touch with someone else. I have now been turned over to collections for over $400. These are not in my requested leads. But i am charged for them. I have contacted "customer no service", only to have them say that they can not help me because i am now in collections. If they would have fixed there system, i would not be in collections.

This is a mill for getting contractors to join, by the time you see the light, they have got you for a couple thousand dollars.

Just stay away and spend your money somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2009 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SERVICE-MAGIC/atanta-Georgia-/SERVICE-MAGIC-Kathy-Maxfield-877-800-3177ext8949-contractor-relations-The-company-is-a-j-494346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SERVICE MAGIC

IT WAS BAD AT FIRST

AUTHOR: M.Dubose - (USA)

Service Magic Golden CO  I FELT RIPPED OFF AT FIRST BUT NOW THEY ARE A PRETTY GOOD COMPANY FOR LEADS"IM HAPPY" Internet, Colorado

Its all in expectations .I knew this was a gamble and set my leads at a moderate amount both EXACT MATCH  and CUSTOMER MATCH.

EVERY LEAD WAS EXACT MATCH and I figured out I must be the only one listed in my area .I then figured out installs were charged more than repairs so I went to my leads and changed all to repairs and closed up my service area a little tighter.Then I changed my areas of work to a smaller scope.

NOW I DONT FUND EXACT MATCHES AT ALL... AND A SMALL AMOUNT IN CUSTOMER MATCHES AND ITS WORKING ...GREAT....

I still get bogus leads,  lookie looes    unqualified consumers and other SCAM ARTIST COMPANIES as leads and Service Magic issues credit on some and not on others
"Service Magic still needs to filter out these non -homeowner request as a qualified
  leads "such as U S BEST REPAIRS"  and all would be okay as of now.

Ive had 18 leads since Aug 1 2009  Ive sold  6 for a good profit and about 10 leads
that Ive asked for credit and about 6 approved.Over all not a bad investment for me
as of now and Ive been charged about $250 and their WEBSITE OFFERS A LOT to consumers and Contractors.Invoices,business cards,signs etc.

I FELT LIKE QUITTING AT FIRST MONTH BUT I HUNG IN THERE FOR A WHILE AND ITS WORKED OUT LUCKILY FOR MY BUSINESS AND "SARA ESTES with Service Magic" was truthful and helpful and answered my emails.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC