• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By:LITTLE CHUTE Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Also Victim

*Consumer Comment: another victim

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: seven one six

*Author of original report: NO FURTHER ACTION

*Consumer Comment: Going through the same thing

716 Services called me at my place of employment offering me completely free magazines, saying all they ask is that I pass them on to others when I am done reading them. Sounding like a great deal, I accepted.

I received another phone call a few days after I had already accepted, and the woman said "We do ask you pay 26.00 every three months as their fee for processing the magazine subscriptions." Then a salesman came to my home and very quickly went through the contract, telling me to "Just sign here, this is just going over everything that they went over on the phone with you." He also told me that since my wedding was in 7 days, he would give me two extra free magazines.

What I was told on the phone was completely different from what is in the contract the salesman brought to my home.

When I realized the bills for 26.00 were coming every single month we called them to cancel the subscriptions, as it was obvious I had been a victim of a magazine scam. The woman my husband spoke to was extremely rude and was calling him profane names.

I absolutely refuse to send money to a company that has tried to completely belittle me and my family, swearing at me, calling me names, hanging up on me, deliberately being verbally abusive with ridiculous threats, and harassing me non stop with phone calls and letters.

When we had called to cancel where the verbal abuse first began, they said they have every phone call recorded. We told the woman that we want all of those recordings. I want the recordings where they are verbally abusing us, calling us profane names. They mailed us a copy of the "contract" they briskly made me sign, but I have yet to receive the voice copies and it has been 7 months. The manager, Greg, later told me that they only keep the recording where you verbally agree to the phony terms. Isnt that convenient.

When I looked over the contract they mailed, I realized they charge a total cost of $780.00 for just shy of 2 1/2 years of subscriptions. If I were to purchase the six exact magazines through the magazine companies they have me signed up for, I would pay a total price of $115.82 for the same amount of time! How can they charge an additional $664.18 for magazines???!!! How do these people live with themselves with the deceit they sell?

I continue to receive collection letters, but when you call the number it is a recording where they do not indicate their company name. I did speak to a woman who transferred me to Greg Louisos who was extremely rude, calling me names and then hung up on me. He screamed at me to speak to the attorney, but the attorney is just the 716 phone number.

Then a woman claiming to work for the lawyer, Allen P. McCarty ESQ. calls and leaves threatening voicemails about how they are taking me to court, where I will pay thousands of dollars, and telling me I don't even realize how far down I am going. Then says I hope you're not trying to play games with me. This phony lawyers office is as extremely rude and the 716 employees!

Customer service is not their expertise, scamming is. This company must be stopped!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2007 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SEVEN-ONE-SIX-SERVICES/BUFFALO-New-York-14216/SEVEN-ONE-SIX-SERVICES-716-SERVICES-SEVEN-ONE-SIX-SERVICES-SCAMS-AGAIN-WHEN-WILL-THEIR-261659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SEVEN-ONE-SIX SERVICES

Also Victim

AUTHOR: spacie - (United States of America)

I've had the exact same issue. Should I just stop paying and prays it goes away?  I have no way to hire a lawyer. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

another victim

AUTHOR: jay82 - (United States of America)

I am sorry any of us have to go thru this! they obviously have been doing this since 06'. i have been going thru this for the last 6 months. They have harassed to the point i have lost my job from them calling my work. They have talked to me like i as stupid and threatened me with going to jail. this started when i as 8 months pregnant and no i have a 5 month old. they had asked me who was gonna represent me in court and then hung up...i got ahold of a lawyer and discussed this with them..not but an hour afterward they called again trying to get money and when i told them i wanted them to send the legal papers to me that i had a lawyer, they then told me i broke yet another violation.

to help you out check out the web sites and pass them on...they are very helpful and when the call again explain your rights. they have not contacted me since.

hope this helps you!

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

seven one six

AUTHOR: nathan - (United States of America)

i nedd help there calling and bugging me at work

AUTHOR: Lykke - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to hear you are going through this mess also! Since I have posted this letter and reported them to better business bureau, I have not received a phone call or a letter from them. To protect myself further in the event they do try to pursue this nonsense. I am in the process of going through the correspondences with a local lawyer. I do hope the best for you, as I know how it feels to be harassed by them!

Going through the same thing

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Have they taken you to court yet? They called us today threatening us with the whole lawyer thing. Just wondering if they actually are taking people to court over something like this.