Complaint Review: SF Planet

• Updated: Sat, February 11, 2012

• Reported By: Ken — Dallas Texas United States of America
SF Planet
Internet, Minnesota United States of America

SF Planet Amazon Marketplace Did not ship full order, then lied about it. Internet, Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: We apologize about your experience with us

I was looking for a spare BP6X battery for my Motorola Droid. I saw SF Planet's ad on Amazon. It said
'NEW Motorola OEM BP6X with Charging Station. Great! A spare battery and charger.

I placed the order and it arrived in a timely manner. However, when I opened the package, it was the charger only. So I emailed them, figuring there had been an error in packaging.

I received a reply today, and to my surprise it said 'Sorry, you ordered the charger only' with a link to the product. I opened the link, and it was to the same ad I had ordered from. Only now, the title read
NEW Motorola battery charger for OEM BP6X with Charging Station'.

Both the packing slip that came with my order and my order copy on Amazon have the original description. I would not have ordered the charger alone as I was looking for a battery. They changed the item description in a clumsy attempt to make it look like my error.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2011 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SF-Planet/Internet-Minnesota-55125/SF-Planet-Amazon-Marketplace-Did-not-ship-full-order-then-lied-about-it-Internet-Minnes-747987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SF Planet

We apologize about your experience with us

AUTHOR: SF Planet - (United States of America)

My name is Tim L. and I am the Head of Customer Service of SF Planet.

First, I am sorry about what you have experienced with us. As an established online retailer in the business for 10 years, we believe that buying online should be easy and worry-free experience. I apologize that our customer service did not offer better help to resolve your problem.

On your case, please know that the customer service cannot make changes to the product description in Amazon.com within a short period to time to cover any product advertising error. With the large selection of our products, it would not be cost-effective for us to do so just to cover a mistake for an order. I am sure there must be misunderstanding with your order which our customer service did not clarify better to help.

Over time we do see some customers have actually selected the wrong product which may have resulted on a scenario similar to yours. Every product in Amazon has a special ID which is how we track down. However, we never blame our customer for any mistake and this is not how we do our business. No matter who is on the wrong side, we want to make sure that our customer is always happy. This is why we offer 45-day return policy, and we even offer our customer for free-shipping return service if the error is on us. Again, we want you to feel easy and comfortable to buy again.

Please contact us by visit our support portal (http://support.sfplanet.com) by providing your order information as well as copy of this report, and one of our customer service will help you up. Even the report is old but we will help you to return the item for exchange or providing a full refund.

Thank you.