Complaint Review: SFL Nutrition - Acai Berry All Natural Cleansing Formula

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 06, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Edward New York
SFL Nutrition - Acai Berry All Natural Cleansing Formula
127 NW13th Street Suite 4 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

SFL Nutrition - Acai Berry All Natural Cleansing Formula Ad on New York Post website made it appear that this was product endorsed by Dr. Mehmet Oz Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Hope This Helps

When I ordered the product, I thought I was ordering the supplement endorsed by Dr. Mehmet Oz. When I received it today, it came from a place I'd never heard from, with no manufacturer on the label and very little product info. I decided to search on the Internet for this company/product, and the results are shocking, to say the least. No way this is what I wanted, and I don't feel safe even trying it. Sent an email to their ''Live Chat'' link to find out what the story is, and got an automated response with several non-functioning links in it. Useless. Went to the SFL Nutrition website and used the Contact Us function (http://www.sflnutrition.com/cpage.aspx?name=contact). Here's what shows on the screen:

Contact Us
We are currently experiencing a high volume of telephone calls and may not be able to answer your call in a timely manner. You may continue to try to contact us via telephone at 1-800-787-1219 or you may use one of the following options:

1. Representatives available Mon.-Fri. 9:00am to 6:00pm (EST).

2. Send us a message using our secure ticketing system.
Please provide us with your order number when sending an email in order to assist you better. If you do not have your order number, please provide your first and last name and the shipping address you used to make the purchase.

Since it's after 6, I tried the ticketing system. Here's the response I got from that email (minus my ticket code):
Message Sent
Thank you for contacting us! We have received your inquiry and are assigning it to a representative. You can expect to receive a response from us within one business day. To help track your inquiry we have generated a reference number. Your ticket code is _____. Please use this code in any further communication.

According to the little bit of information that came with the order, I have to have a Return Merchandise Authorization number from them before I can return the ''supplements,'' and the only way I can get that number is by contacting them. I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow, but I think I'm also going to go to my bank and have my account number changed and have them (and all the company aliases I've found here) blocked from charging my account.

Fort Edward, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SFL-Nutrition-Acai-Berry-All-Natural-Cleansing-Formula/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/SFL-Nutrition-Acai-Berry-All-Natural-Cleansing-Formula-Ad-on-New-York-Post-website-made-417023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SFL Nutrition - Acai Berry All Natural Cleansing Formula

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hope This Helps

AUTHOR: Christi - (U.S.A.)

I purchased the same free bottle and had no problen cancelling my subscription by phone, I have a different phone number than the one you listed above but the address and acai berry bottle are the same.

Customer service number to cancell is 866-938-4832

I have read several complaints and have tried posting the number I used to cancell and hope it gets out. Good Luck