Complaint Review: SGS Secret Shopper

• Updated: Mon, June 16, 2014

• Reported By: Bill B — Northfield Minnesota
SGS Secret Shopper
Internet USA

SGS Secret Shopper : Jeremiah Stone Tried to get me to be a "Secret Shopper" From Russia, with love? Internet

Got an email from Mr. Stone, stating he saw my resume on Career Builder.  Wanted me to be a "Secret Shopper". We emailed each other, he sent a contract. Said all I had to do was secret shop Walmart and another money store to purchase pre-paid debit card refills and then send him the security codes from cards.  He would send me two check, Total of $2895. I was to deposit them and then go spend the money, and keep a tidy sum for myself.

The checks came, but not from a business, but from a lady in NJ. Not a business name.  I called the bank, the lady I spoke with knew the account holder and called her.  The account holder was shocked and knew nothing. So, this is what would have happened.  I would have deposited the checks, they would have cleared, then I would have spent the money. By then, the account holder would have noticed the money missing, called the bank, and put in a fraud notice.  A couple weeks later, the money gets pulled from my account, and now I owe my bank $2,895.  The Stoner dude gets off with my money because I put it on a prepaid card that he holds.  Too many clues this moron left, so I won't mention them, because he might actually be able to read and get better at his game.  any email address with an @yandex.com....be careful From Russia.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2014 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SGS-Secret-Shopper/internet/SGS-Secret-Shopper-Jeremiah-Stone-Tried-to-get-me-to-be-a-Secret-Shopper-From-Russia-1155254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SGS Secret Shopper