• Report: #911944

• Updated: Sat, July 14, 2012

• Reported By: I''m not a Nazi — TORPOINT - CORNWALL Other United Kingdom
SHARON CORR
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

SHARON CORR SLANDER - LIES - DECEIT - INVASION OF PRIVACY - ABUSIVE INTERNET VIDEO - DEFLAMATION OF CHARACTER ETC ETC... Chicago, Illinois

Once more Sharon Corr of APPLERUSH fame has done herself proud......................

She and her misguided helpers have produced a vile internet video (see YouTube) relating to my unforgettable and painful association with her in writing the memoir of her mother Sara. For over three years I worked hard to research and write about Sara's own tragic experiences of living through and surviving the Holocaust.

I am not Jewish but believe that everyone should remember that terrible evil time in our recent history; I visit Auschwitz - Birkenau often, normally once a year in order to remember those who died there and it is important for me to do so. The writing project known as The Empty Shoes was an enormous challenge for me to undertake but I did manage to uncover the unknown truths about the murders of Sara's family, something that brought Sara reflective knowledge of what had actually happened to them. This information alone gave me the inspiration to continue in my efforts to produce a factual account of the events Sara herself had experienced. Unfortunately Sara's daughter Sharon had a different agenda to mine and often embellished the facts with fantasy. I endured working with Sharon for the sake of the story although she was unbelievably difficult and very hard to deal with as she is a woman whose only goal is to make and have money. For much of the time unbeknown to me my own work was being examined by a collective of Sharon's poetry writing friends and constantly I was made to change what I had already been written, Chapters were altered weeks after agreement had been reached, which made my task and keeping the narrative flow of the story almost impossible to achieve. This dire situation became so chaotic that I ended up writing two books, mine and theirs!

When the time came to present the finished manuscript to a publishing agent and to Sara herself; a promise I made to her, I felt relief and satisfaction in completing the harrowing account but in the knowledge that my version was the correct work to be offered. I can stand by what I have written and through my interviews with Sara believe that I did produce a book that was the factual memoir of Sara's own life.

I nearly forgot to say that although I had a signed contract and an agreement with Robert Corr, Sharon Corr and Sara Brickman for a very modest fee and a financial share in the book's publication (I was never paid for my previous three years of research and writing); it became clear soon after that I had been duped. After submitting the 'correct' final draft manuscript to the Agent my association with the family abruptly ended when Sharon Corr sent me the following email:

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
RE: The Empty Shoes Draft by Mike Palmer.

Mike Palmer,
The draft you completed is not in professional shape to show to a publisher. The feedback from professionals is the draft is sloppy, contains numerous misspellings, grammatical errors, and changes in
tenses. The entire draft must be rewritten.
We are pursing other sources.
Sincerely,
Sharon & Robert Corr
Sara Druckier

That is the last I heard from them - BUT I NOT SHARON HAD WRITTEN A REMARKABLE BOOK!
It is an utter disgrace to have The Empty Shoes reworked and embellished with fiction and fantasy but the lies and 'recreation of the facts' will be clearly and easily identified by those who are genuinely interested in one of the last first hand accounts of the Holocaust.
I understand that the family intend to publish the story under the title of 'In their shoes' and through their friends have threatened to sue me if I publish my own book!
Nice people eh?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2012 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SHARON-CORR/Chicago-Illinois-/SHARON-CORR-SLANDER-LIES-DECEIT-INVASION-OF-PRIVACY-ABUSIVE-INTERNET-VIDEO-DEFL-911944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SHARON CORR