Complaint Review: SHARP

• Updated: Fri, April 15, 2005

• Reported By:Carson California
www.sharpusa.com Nationwide U.S.A.

SHARP product malfunctions, and customer services is inadequate RIPOFF Internet

I bought a mini digital video made by sharp (model VL-Z3U) last July 2003. The product has a malfuntion features that de-activates the whole operation of the camcorder. It displays a "dew warning" build-up on the LCD screen and when you closed the cassette tape compartment, it does not close and automatically pop-up the tape. Because of the dew warning sign, it completely lock your camcorder useless.

When I called the Sharp costumer service, they did not help me financially at all to fixed it because it's over the warranty period. Nevertheless, I asked for a sharp authorized shop so that I could go and drop my camcorder for a service and have it repaired.

So,last November 2004, I did go to their authorized shop and they repaired my camcorder. I ended up paying closed to $200. However, last March 2005, the product was broken again with the same problem. Their is "dew warning sign" display on the LCD screen and it totally lock-up the operation of the camcorder. I called the shop who repaired, but they only have a thirty days warranty. I called the Sharp costumer service again and explain the uselessless of their product, but they did not help me at all. They could not do anything because it has no more warranty.

Now, my camcorder is back in the shop and it will cost me again around $200. I am getting rip-off because of the product that has a design failure and the company who built it are getting all the benifits.

Carson, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2005 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SHARP/nationwide/SHARP-product-malfunctions-and-customer-services-is-inadequate-RIPOFF-Internet-139014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SHARP