Complaint Review: SHELTER DIRECT

• Reported By: yvette — Houston Texas United States of America
SHELTER DIRECT
919 3RD AVENUE NEW YORK, New York United States of America

SHELTER DIRECT HARBITRON SECRET SHOPPER SCAM NEW YORK, New York

I received a letter from Harbitron stating that I had been selected as a Secret Shopper.They sent me a check for $1870.00.I was suppose to Western Union $1425.00to a Maria Botta,then take $100 to shop a a local retail store.Afterwards I was suppose to fax all the receipts in to the Company from the Western Union and the retail store.My paid was suppose to be $345.00.I deposited the check into my bank account and after about 3 days,I received a notice from my bank stating that the check was returned -Unable to locate the account.I contacted the individual and told him the situation and he stated that,"he didn't know why the check was returned and asked that I fax a copy of the returned check." When I tried to fax a copy of the check with the fax number listed on the letter,I kept getting a busy signal and them received a confirmation stating no answer.When I tried to contact the individual back @ 289-892-3375 I kept getting a telephone Recording.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2011 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SHELTER-DIRECT/NEW-YORK-New-York-10022/SHELTER-DIRECT-HARBITRON-SECRET-SHOPPER-SCAM-NEW-YORK-New-York-722741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SHELTER DIRECT