Complaint Review: SHOP NBC

• Submitted: Wed, December 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 24, 2008

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
SHOP NBC
6740 Shady Oak Road Eden Prairie, Minnesota U.S.A.

SHOP NBC HAS NOT HONORED OUR SERVICE PROTECTION CONTRACT Eden Prairie Minnesota

We purchased the 32" Spectronique HDTV and the companion DVD upload player 12/24/06. We received it in January and from hookup until 11/14/08 the TV never gave us any trouble.

The DVD upload player, however, played once and never again. We placed a claim for the player and was reimbursed by ShopNBC.

November 14, 2008 the TV played great in the morning and was dead as a doornail when we returned home that afternoon. I called ShopNBC and gave them the trouble report and they gave us all the information we would need to file a claim.

I then called New, the company which oversees the protection plan, to file a claim. I was told that our plan had been terminated instead of just closing the file on the DVD player.
I suggested to the CSR that our plan had best be reinstated, first because that is highly irregular ( as in no notice, phone call, email that our plan was terminated). Second, our plan should have been good through 12/23/2009, and we should have had satisfactory service.

I have been given the run around since then, talking to several CSRs, faxing all the information to a 704 number ( which is general, since they never specified a name to that fax. I sent a 'personal' fax to the evening supervisor, Jamie, who had given me her 'personal' fax number in order to insure proper receipt of the information. She didn't call back but someone did saying they had received our copy of the fax and that Jamie 'would walk it over' so that our plan status would be changed from "PENDING" to Active.

I feel we should be reimbursed for the TV replacement, first on GPs, second, because two TV repairmen both said the same thing, that a power supply which burns up prematurely may also affect other parts, and they may work for awhile, or just burn up when another power supply is installed. So, that was the basis of our decision to go ahead and get another TV - the fact that it has now been over a month without a TV was secondary to the TV Repairmen's statement regarding the Spectronique.

What I really want, however, is to see ShopNBC penalized for every victim they have swindle with their merchandise and plan, that they reimburse every victim with an amount due + punitive damages, and that they be banned from selling on National TV.

The nation can do without swindlers and cheats, and when people flock to places like ShopNBC for deals, they expect deals, not to get fleeced.

They might also teach their CSRs that it is much better to sound human than to sit their and read off their card "I am sorry for your trouble....after the 12th time of hearing this I told one CSR to can it...it was better she not say anything at all than to listen to an insincere apology.

Dcdc
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SHOP-NBC/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344/SHOP-NBC-HAS-NOT-HONORED-OUR-SERVICE-PROTECTION-CONTRACT-Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-404640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SHOP NBC