Complaint Review: SHOPHQ

Internet USA

SHOPHQ SHOPHQ PULLED MY CREDIT WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION OR KNOWLEDGE Internet

*General Comment: Im with you

*Consumer Comment: I'm with you

I have been a faithful customer with SHOPHQ for years. I decided to purchase 3 tablets that were advertised on TV for my family with a 6 flex pay option. I never gave any information regarding my ssn. After my initial flex pay for all the tablets was debited from my account, I received an email stating my order was cancelled. SHOPHQ pulled my credit report without my knowledge or consent. This is highly illegal as credit inquires do impact a credit score. Whatever information was used for this credit inquiry could not be determined to be my credit score without an address/date of birth/SSN. I will never ever purchase from this company again. I will use (((REDACTED))) instead.

I am asking anyone who has been a victim to join me in a class action lawsuit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2013 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SHOPHQ/internet/SHOPHQ-SHOPHQ-PULLED-MY-CREDIT-WITHOUT-AUTHORIZATION-OR-KNOWLEDGE-Internet-1101735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SHOPHQ

#1 General Comment

Im with you

AUTHOR: Tmanitmonee - ()

This same thing has happened to me today 12/7/13  I saw the program and ordered.  Never did I give my permission to run my credit report.  I just filed my report.  I feel violated.  I'm with you on a class action suit.

I'm with you

AUTHOR: M. S - ()

I just had the same thing happen to my wife and I. i placed an order for two tablets with a option for 6 value payments. The first month came out of my checking account the next day and the confirmation showed me my other 5 payments that would come out. Then i get a letter in the mail stating the order was cancelled due to my wife's credit score. my wife nor i gave consent for this ShopHq aka ShopNBC to pull her credit score. The salesman on the telivision ad surely didnt mention anything of the Value payments being based on credit approval.

He did however state value payments are done with any major credit card. These two tablets are for my two daughters 5 and 6 and now my wife is heart broken about not getting these tablets at such a good price in time for christmas. My credit score is higher than my wife's and i could of payed in full but with the payment option i was going to get more presents for my girls but instead shophq doesn't disclose anything in their brodcast about value pay being based soley on credit and i went with the value pay only to be turned down.

in the letter however Shophq does mention i can pay in full for the products which they dont have in stock anymore...some nerve..Im not even sure how they got a credit score without a social security number. this has to be illegal... Class action suit seems to be justified against Shop Hq...additionally i called customer service and verified through their own representitive that Value pay is not a loan and no credit is required just a major credit card...where is the justice. now i must wait another 5 days to get my authurization payment put back into my account. i will never shop with Shophq again