Complaint Review: SHOPNBC

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2008

• Reported By:Bedford Texas
shopnbc.com Nationwide U.S.A.

SHOPNBC Dishonorable Company Bowling Green Internet

I purchased a $1500.00 diamond ring that snagged my clothing it was within the 30 day return period. I called and was told to use the Smart Label provided. I called because I was concerned that the instructions stated I did not have to purchase insurance on this item already covered in the Smart Label. I purchased confirmation coverage and mailed it off. The next month when I received my credit card statement there was a value pay charged. I checked the confirmation number and realized the post office never delievered the ring. I called in and was told not to worry since I used the smart label I would receive credit. Well that was on Jan 2, 08, 4 customer service representatives of which one was a supervisor assured me I would be receiving my credit soon. I am still waiting for the credit and continue to be charged the value pays. I contacted them yet again and was told since they never received the ring I was not going to be receiving any credit and would continue to be charged the remaining value pays. After several phone calls and email exchanges and numerous reasons why I am not getting my credit they are now saying it is due to the confirmation I purchased that voided the smart label insurance. On the label it states you do not have to purchase insurance or tracking nowhere does it state that if you do you void the insurance. I cut and pasted the statement on the Smart Label and they quit responding to my emails. I also requested the name of a person in authority and a phone number for them and they refused to provide me with this information.

I am not going to give up and I am considering hiring an atty. since this is false advertising. I do not understand why they just don't tell you insurance is required I would have gladly paid it. Oh I almost forgot I have been a customer for several years and have spent several thousand dollars with them you would think they would value a good customer more but I guess since they are the 3rd largest internet retailer they could care less. I have stopped doing buisness with them.

Texas gal
Bedford, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2008 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SHOPNBC/nationwide/SHOPNBC-Dishonorable-Company-Bowling-Green-Internet-307470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SHOPNBC