In Sept. 2006 I purchased and 37" Olevia Flat TV from Shop NBC. At that time I also purchased an extended three (3) year IN-HOME repair plan for and additional $170.00. Over one month ago the tv shut off on its own and has not worked ever since (everything is green). I have been calling both ShopNBC and their protection company "NEW" several times a day for over a month (over 40 documented call - I wrote down the dates, times, and names of everyone I have spoken to), just to get this television fixed. The events are long so I will provide the short version:
- Called SHOPNBC and they told me to call NEW
- NEW said fax a copy of receipt and they will call me upon receipt (done
immediately & they NEVER called)
- I called NEW again and they said they needed the information from SHOPNBC and
that I had to call them to have them send it to NEW.
YOU SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING !!!!
- I called SHOPNBC and spoke with a supervior named Brianna in the Minnesota Office who stated that she would handle this personally and would personally call
me back. SHE NEVER CALLED BACK.
- After multiple phone calls back and forth the problem is that SHOPNBC is showing that I purchased a protection plan, but their company NEW has no record of my contract in their system. Each company is telling me to call the
other. They WILL NOT PROVIDE A NUMBER TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE. and SHOPNBC said that NEW is separate from them, but when asked for a corporate address the supervisor Ms. Rodriguez, gave me the P.O. Box for SHOPNBC (strange).
After a month of this nonsense they people at NEW "find my contract" and say that they can finally set an appointment for repair. The contract clearly
states that I paid for in-home service. However, the repair company said that NEW sent them paperwork for CARRY-IN SERVICE ONLY (they are located
two hours away from me). They said to call NEW and have them fax the correct service plan information.
- Four (4) phone calls and two (2) supervisors later, NEW states that my contract is for in-home service but OLEVIA will not allow in-home service on their products, so THEY will not honor the in-home service and plan I paid for.
Obviously my notes are more detailed and include a string of CSR's and supervisors who lie, provide wrong information, pass the buck, and are down-right rude. I was told specifically when I purchased this product that I would have the convenience of in-home service and fast customer service (that's a joke).
So far I have been left with a worthless tv, worthless protection plan, and an ulcer. I have since had to purchase a new tv because I had family here for Thanksgiving and now for Christmas. I was told that it my problem, "we didn't tell you to buy another tv, you needed to wait for us to set up service" (I Yeah right - t took them over a month just to find my contract to show that I was entitled to service)!
I WOULD NEVER HAVE PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT IF I KNEW HOW TERRIBLE SHOPNBC WAS TO DEAL WITH.
ALL I WANT IS FOR SHOPNBC TO HONOR WHAT THEY SELL, SEND THIS TV BACK TO THE COMPANY AND GET MY MONEY BACK AND BE DONE WITH THEM FOREVER!!!
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER THING FROM SHOPNBC AGAIN AND WHEN ASKED I TELL OTHERS TO STAY CLEAR!!!
Angry in florida
Saint Augustine, Florida