Complaint Review: SIMON OTTWELL - BUSINESS SOLUTIONS OF HILLSBOROUGH

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Charles 68 yrs old IN BRADENTON — Bradenton Florida United States of America
SIMON OTTWELL - BUSINESS SOLUTIONS OF HILLSBOROUGH
1116 HUMMINGBIRD Ln. BRANDON, FLORIDA, 33511-6643., Florida United States of America

SIMON OTTWELL - BUSINESS SOLUTIONS OF HILLSBOROUGH GLOBAL BUSINESS BROCKERAGE INC. CHEAT LIAR ABUSIVE INTIMIDATING UNDERHANDED BRANDON, FLORIDA, 33511-6643

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Reply

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Reply

WHO: Simon Ottwell and Business Solutions of Hillsborough LLC Ripped me off.  The other companies he runs are Global Business Brockerage, Complete Finacial Solutions, Wholesale Propreties INC, and possibly Florida Realestate where his wife Karen Ottwel, is a REALTOR.

WHEN: January 11, 2013,

WHERE: Bradenton Florida, County of Manatee, 12th District.

I AM LOOKING FOR ATTORNEY FOR Legal representation.

Simon Ottwell convinced me vial email and telephone that his 1990 boat matched the value of my building lot in Punta Gorda.

I agreed that if the boat and engine were in the excellent condition he claimed, I would trade a signed quitclaim deed that was prepared by Business Solutions of Hillsborough LLC.  Ottewell insisted that all paper work (quit claim deed) be completed and notarized prior to a sea trial of the boat.

Late on the afternoon of 1/11/13, Otwell showed up with a boat that was not quite as nice as his picture indicated, but we went to a local public ramp and after some difficulty starting the engine, Otewell launched the boat.
Almost immeaditly, Otewell accellerated to a high speed and drove the boat aground.  I was already afraid, and was holding on for dear life.

Otewell continued to run the engine at high speed, probably hoping to break the engine free from the bottom.  He finally disingaged the engine, and elivated the engine some to a point where he could get some foreward movement.  Eventualy he managed to free the engine from the bottom, and we limped the boat to shore.

Otewell already had my signed paperwork in his car which was done on his insistance of saving time.  Otewell would not return my signed deed, nor was he willing to discuss repairs to a boat that he said was now mine.

Otewell dropped of the damaged boat to my residence in Bradenton and was intimidating when I wanted my deed back.  I fear for my safety.  I am a 67 yr old disabled vet, and on social security bennifits.  I could not even attempt to take my paperwork back, even if I were disposed todo so.

I want Otewell to either return my property or pay me $5000 dollars, the agreed value of my property.  I had to have the boat from my property and put it in storage.  Too late, I checked Otewell on Google, and found other complaints regarding him being intemidating and extremely rude.  I need help fast Otewell has already been offering my lot on Craigslist for $9,500.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SIMON-OTTWELL-BUSINESS-SOLUTIONS-OF-HILLSBOROUGH/BRANDON-FLORIDA-33511-6643-Florida-33511-664/SIMON-OTTWELL-BUSINESS-SOLUTIONS-OF-HILLSBOROUGH-GLOBAL-BUSINESS-BROCKERAGE-INC-CHEA-1016985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SIMON OTTWELL - BUSINESS SOLUTIONS OF HILLSBOROUGH

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: SDO - (United States of America)

Interesting blog. First of all I was contacted to trade the lot for my boat not the other way round. I drove all the way to Bradenton to show the boat at my time and expense. The buyer was very happy with the condition of the boat and I offered to demonstate it on the water. We took it to the boat ramp the buyer always uses. The boat started and ran great. He asked me to show him it would run at all speeds. I have never been to that water before and relied on the buyer to navigate as he was very familiar with the area. I was not. We did catch the bottom but safely returned to the boat ramp. At this point the buyer declared he was very happy as the land was of no use to him. I delivered it to his home whereupon he agreed ti the trade. At no timi did I try to convince him in any way to trade. It was all his idea and totally his decision. Three days later he emailed me tio say he had changed his mind. At this point I had already sold the lot and told him I was not willing to reverse the transaction. I have heard nothing since.

If he wasn't happy with the boat why trade. I told him it was totally his decision as I had several cash buyers for the boat. I don't understand his position, his strange claims and exaggerations. Indeed why trade if you are not sure. I spent four hours delivering and demonstating the boat. Enough time to say no. I havent heard from him since until these vicious lies appeared on this website. Prepare yourself wisely if you wish to spread lies about someone. I had not even received the deed until after the boat was delivered. We laughed and joked together the entire two hours this trade took to accomplish. I never intimidated him in anyway. Utter and complete rubbish. The buyer never asked for his deed back. We never limped back. The boat ran perfectly. No intimidation.

Note I have emails to support this transaction was completed fairly and initiated by the buyer. We never discussed repairs as the boat didn't need any! Strange how people react when they don't get their own way. Oh this 67 yr old vet has a job in security.

Lint

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: SDO - (United States of America)

Lint