Complaint Review: S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Servicess

• Submitted: Thu, January 27, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, January 28, 2005

• Reported By:Oklahoma City Oklahoma
S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Servicess
PO BOX 36999 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services Wolf in sheeps clothing, decieptful, dishonest company and individuals Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: Take action!!!

I have always been a careful person. Making sure to not get taken advantage of. I have never put my faith in maybe's or luck. I have recently been down on my finances and to be completely honest, I am broke. I have been praying to God for an answer, a sign, or something to help me. My car is breaking down and I have been very ill due to axiety issues and panic attacks.
When I recieved this letter in the mail from S.I.R.S. I thought that maybe this is the break that I had been wishing for.

I had just won $525,439.00 and all I had to do was to send a check for $21.95 to the company. This check was to be used for the processing documents and final records and postage for shipping and handling. I thought carefully about the decision that I was about to make. Should I send the check or not. If I did, I could recieve a check with my name on it. If I didn't I could be taking the chance of not having my prayers answered. God doesn't speak to us verbally, at least to me he hasn't.

But in my lifetime I have had several things happen to me to let me know that there is a God and that he is merciful. What if this was one of his signs? What if I let this opportunity slip through my fingers?
I sent the check. Two weeks have past and NOTHING. Not one single word from the company.
What do I do? Who can I contact? Where do I begin? I feel so decieved. How much money has this company made off of innocent people? I want answers. Can I get the companies information when they cash my check and call someone to demand answers? If someone knows what I can do please let me know.

Heidi
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2005 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SIRS-Sweepstakes-Information-Reporting-Servicess/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89133/SIRS-Sweepstakes-Information-Reporting-Services-Wolf-in-sheeps-clothing-decieptful-d-129132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on S.I.R.S. Sweepstakes Information Reporting Servicess

AUTHOR: Heidi - (U.S.A.)

I sent my check a few weeks ago. Check with your bank to see if the company has cashed your check or not. If they haven't?.. Spend a dollar or two more to put a stop payment on your check. That is exactly what I did. I would rather the money be spend on the stop payment then to give it to the LIARS that sent me this letter!!!

Do not do nothing!!! My bank told me that it is such a small amount of money that I sent that some people wouldn't even bother with it. If you add up the money that each of us has sent in...$21.95 x 1000 people= $21,950.00 that the company has profited. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND THESE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY CAN NOT DO THIS TO US!!! WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE??? PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON YOUR CHECK BEFORE THIS COMPANY OWNS A PEICE OF YOU.