Complaint Review: SIS International Research

• Submitted: Fri, August 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Apopka Florida
SIS International Research
11 East 22nd Street, 2nd Floor Suite 400 New York, New York U.S.A.

SIS International Research Market Research Fraudulent Check New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: SIS International is NOT responsible for this scam

I received a job offer to supposedly do a market research on an evaluation on the effectiveness and efficiency of a payment system called the money gram. I was directed to call the field officer named in the letter to receive the office location. In the letter was a cashier's Check drawn against Elsa State Bank & Trust company in Elsa Texas for $1,165.00. I received this check on 8/8/2008 which was a Friday and I immediately thought this was a fraudulent check so I decided to call the bank. Unfortunately my father in law had a medical emergency crop up so I was not able to make that call until the next Friday 8/15/2008. I spoke with their financial department who confirmed it did not have the correct routing number. I scanned the documents and checks and emailed them to the bank so they could start their process of investigations. While researching the internet I came across a link to the post office that showed I should file a complaint here also. I don't others to fall victim to this scam so I am doing every step I can to stop this scam.

Smoore
Apopka, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2008 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SIS-International-Research/New-York-New-York-10010/SIS-International-Research-Market-Research-Fraudulent-Check-New-York-New-York-363221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SIS International Research

SIS International is NOT responsible for this scam

AUTHOR: Research Executive - Sis International - (U.S.A.)

While we sympathize with this victim, we at SIS International, Inc are in no way associated or responsible for this scam.

We are one of world's leading market research firms (founded in 1984 and headquarted in the United States), that has fallen prey to a worldwide epidemic of internet fraud. We are proactively working with government agencies such as the FBI to mitigate these unfortunate circumstances run by people unassociated with our firm.

If you receive a check, we encourage you NOT to cash it and immediately contact your local and national law enforcement.