Complaint Review: SISTER'S TOWING AND TIM DAY

• Updated: Tue, August 10, 2010

• Reported By: HC — Florida United States of America
SISTER'S TOWING AND TIM DAY
6907 Southern Blvd. West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

SISTER'S TOWING AND TIM DAY Linda, receptionist DAMAGED BRAND NEW BUMPER, ADMITTED FAULT, REFUSED 3 LEGIT ESTIMATES; HAVING TO TAKE TO COURT West Palm Beach, Florida

If this had a zero star rating, I would give it. Sister's towed our truck 2 weeks ago and damaged a brand new bumper we had put on the only truck 2 days prior (and yes, I have proof of that). Tim Day Mgr. or Owner of Sister's admitted fault but when I faxed him 3 estimates and said we would be happy to settle for the lowest one, he wanted to actually take the vehicle his company had damaged back to his towing shop and repair the bumper there. Since they are in the business of towing, not body work, I refused. At that time, he asked if he could come over to the house for a second inspection of the bumper and bring some body shop friend of his to determine if the three estimates I got were legit. Mind you, we paid almost $1000 for the new bumper and the lowest estimate to repair it was only $250. Considering I could have told him I wanted a brand new bumper, I thought we were trying to be pretty fair. I told him in a calm, rational manner that he could bring over his body shop friend but that I was not going to d*cker about the cost and that he had until Monday to come up with the money or I would have to pursue legal action. At that time, this self-proclaimed "fair" person who "wanted to do the right thing" hung up on me. When I called back to ask what happened, he laughed like an immature school child and said he would take this all the way to trial and convince a jury that his truck didn't do the damage. I wonder if he remembers leaving me a message admitting fault...? Since I am an attorney, pursuing this with Mr. Day and Sister's Towing will be no skin off my back, but I wanted to let all you other unsuspecting souls out there know. Stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2010 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SISTERS-TOWING-AND-TIM-DAY/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33413/SISTERS-TOWING-AND-TIM-DAY-Linda-receptionist-DAMAGED-BRAND-NEW-BUMPER-ADMITTED-FAULT-630396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SISTER'S TOWING AND TIM DAY