Complaint Review: SK Tax Associates

• Updated: Wed, July 10, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Illinois
SK Tax Associates
2337 Bode Road, Schaumburg, IL Schaumburg, Illinois USA

SK Tax Associates They provided incomplete information about IRS processing times, when questioned yelled and hung up on me. Schaumburg Illinois

*Author of original report: Misunderstanding

*Author of original report: Response

*Consumer Comment: Very biased comments

I had a horrible experience with a very rude accountant Dharna Shah at SK Tax Associates. Initially, she quoted me a certain price and then a different price when I asked why the different price. She couldn't find her price list and said I was wasting her time that she should charge for the time she is looking to find a price list. Also, she provided misleading times for the processing of my tax return. She filed an incomplete ITIN application for my kids with IRS as it is missing. I asked her on email and phone why she wasn't transparent about this and she yelled at me.  Again, yesterday I called her about missing information and why she treats me like such garbage then she hung up the phone on me. I warned her that I will complain so instead she told me go ahead. Her partner in fact told me he will provide contact information where I should complain when I told him the story. She lied that I used bad language thats why she hung up. She is rude, incompetent and a lair. I will never work with anyone that doesn't respond or is so disrespectful. Please follow diligently.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 04:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SK-Tax-Associates/Schaumburg-Illinois/SK-Tax-Associates-They-provided-incomplete-information-about-IRS-processing-times-when-q-1065791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SK Tax Associates

Misunderstanding

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

There has been a misunderstanding that has now been removed after speaking to another partner in this firm. It is IRS fault for having lost the application and possibly the post office. The accountants are very knowledgable. There were no swears by either parties. Respect should be provided by both parties to maintain mutual working relationship. Please ignore my original request.

Response

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Agreed, the IRS site should be checked but one should be informed of the process. Finally, if the IRS lost the ITIN number, it is not either the accountant or the client's fault. However, respect is a two way street and the accountant shouldn't lying about their client swearing. No swears were used by either party but hanging up was wrong towards the client. You should work with each other and not against each other.

Very biased comments

AUTHOR: Ahimsa - ()

I think the story in report does not make sense. As I read story I feel like how much rude the person writing the story is..

As far as I and all in our group know them personally, they alway go out of their way to help people. There must be MORE FACTS to the story missing there. Heading ention about processing time complaints but it does not say anyting facts about When CPA completed the return, when and how he / she mailed the return, Does he / she has proof of IRS receiving the returns, What CPA promised about processing time. Nowadays it is very easy to find out about IRS processing time in minutes by just visiting IRS site. You shoudl check IRS refund tracker for the status. Did IRS ever received your return and IRS is the one who process the return and not the CPA who prepares. It might be common with IRS takes more than normal time to process some retrns.

How you approach CPA makes the differnce in how your CPA is responding you. Ex. if you calll and swear instead of talking, no one would like to help you!

Be respectful and world will be your! Good luck.