Complaint Review: SKS Associates, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, March 29, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: Charles — Ashburn Virginia U.S.A.
SKS Associates, Inc.
132 West 31st Street, 14th Floor New York, New York United States of America

SKS Associates, Inc. Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. - Property Taxes and Fees Scam - New York, New York

I, too, was a victim of this scam.  Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. (now doing business as "SKS Associates") simply yoinked $195.00 from my bank account on March 2nd, 2011.  I had terminated my credit card processing service with them in April, 2010 for similar unauthorized debits.  They are notorious for victimizing small businesses with their bad faith contracts and outrageous fees for handling credit card transactions.

In my case the bank account had a near zero balance and had been relatively dormant for some time, so the debit triggered NSF charges and other fees.

It took filing a dispute with the bank to figure out that SKS Associates was indeed Northern Leasing.  I ended up getting on the phone with a bank exec and we called them.  Talked to a man who goes by the name Paul (no last name).  He claimed that they sent a letter notifying me of the charges back in February, 2011.  I asked him to send me a copy of the letter.  It turned out that the delivery address was incorrect.  The letter claims that my company owes $195 for  (unspecified) "tax processing and filing fees" and indicates that the bank account will be debited on March 2nd.

Paul refused to clarify what specific tax and processing fees were owed, and also refused to fax supporting documentation for the debit (other than the letter).  When the bank asked for the same information he stated, "Well, we've already got the money so I don't need to do anything of the sort."

I have requested the bank to close the account and informed them that I do not intend to refund the charges without further documentation.   I don't think this matter is over.  I'm amazed how Northern Leasing can continue processing charges with impunity like this against so many unsuspecting businesses.  Is there a way to stop them!!??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKS-Associates-Inc/New-York-New-York-10116/SKS-Associates-Inc-Northern-Leasing-Systems-Inc-Property-Taxes-and-Fees-Scam-New-Y-711504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SKS Associates, Inc.